Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

$55 for Wrestlemania 26???

router

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Wrestlemania has been at least $10 more than any other WWE PPV during the year for quite a while now. Of course, it is a 4 hour show instead of 3 hours also.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

I use to buy every WWE PPV. I now only get WrestleMania. I also get a few of my friends to watch and we split it. Its not so bad that way.

#23 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

if i have to pay 55 i go to hooters with beer and wings and women bouncing off tramplene.

#24 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

a few years ago they featured a coffin on Wrestlemania. Maybe they need to bring the coffin back, and put Wrestlemania in the coffin.
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#25 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

a few years ago they featured a coffin on Wrestlemania. Maybe they need to bring the coffin back, and put Wrestlemania in the coffin.

Riiiight, an event that had 72,000+ in attendance is dead. :rolleyes:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#26 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

This will likely be the highest revenue earning WWE PPV of all time.

It was a very good show. Worth the $65 I spent for the main event alone.

#27 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

I was in Houston last year to see Undertaker/Micheals 1 live. I had to work this year but from the reviews I read it was just as good as last year. $65 is much cheaper than live tickets and a drive to Houston. If this years main event was half as good as last years match the wrestling fans got their dollars worth at $65 dollars for HD.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#28 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

WrestleMania XXVI breaks record
Written: March 29, 2010

GLENDALE, AZ – World Wrestling Entertainment made history tonight at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ, as WrestleMania XXVI grossed $5.8 million, becoming the highest grossing and attended entertainment event ever held at the stadium. The previous record was a U2 concert on Oct. 20, 2009, that attracted 50,775 fans and grossed $4.9 million. 72,219 fans from all 50 states and 26 countries attended the sold out event, outdrawing Super Bowl XLII (71,101 attendance) in the same building.

WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza was broadcast around the world on pay-per-view in more than 100 countries and 20 languages.

“WrestleMania XXVI was a tremendous success, and we thank the public and private sectors of Glendale and Phoenix for rolling out the red carpet to WWE and our fans during WrestleMania Week,” said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events, World Wrestling Entertainment. “WrestleMania is an important rite of passage for WWE fans each year, bringing with them a tremendous economic impact to the community.”

WrestleMania XXVII will take place on Sunday, April 3, 2011 from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

http://www.wwe.com/i...e/news/13960304

To beat out a superbowl? And we are not even talking about merchandise sales and ppv numbers yet. Plus the economic strength it brought to Arizona. I would say wrestling is alive and well. Haters be damned. To the OP. The WWE raised ppv prices $5 more at the start of the year. DTV charges $10 more for HD. When I was on cable. No extra cost to watch it in HD. So DTV is making off with some nice extra cash by charging $10 for HD.

#29 OFFLINE   ricochet

ricochet

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

WrestleMania XXVI breaks record
Written: March 29, 2010

GLENDALE, AZ – World Wrestling Entertainment made history tonight at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ, as WrestleMania XXVI grossed $5.8 million, becoming the highest grossing and attended entertainment event ever held at the stadium. The previous record was a U2 concert on Oct. 20, 2009, that attracted 50,775 fans and grossed $4.9 million. 72,219 fans from all 50 states and 26 countries attended the sold out event, outdrawing Super Bowl XLII (71,101 attendance) in the same building.

WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza was broadcast around the world on pay-per-view in more than 100 countries and 20 languages.

“WrestleMania XXVI was a tremendous success, and we thank the public and private sectors of Glendale and Phoenix for rolling out the red carpet to WWE and our fans during WrestleMania Week,” said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events, World Wrestling Entertainment. “WrestleMania is an important rite of passage for WWE fans each year, bringing with them a tremendous economic impact to the community.”

WrestleMania XXVII will take place on Sunday, April 3, 2011 from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

http://www.wwe.com/i...e/news/13960304

To beat out a superbowl? And we are not even talking about merchandise sales and ppv numbers yet. Plus the economic strength it brought to Arizona. I would say wrestling is alive and well. Haters be damned. To the OP. The WWE raised ppv prices $5 more at the start of the year. DTV charges $10 more for HD. When I was on cable. No extra cost to watch it in HD. So DTV is making off with some nice extra cash by charging $10 for HD.

It is a little misleading to say that it beat out a Super Bowl. The attendance was more than the Super Bowl because they can seat people on the field. Also, it didn't out gross the Super Bowl. Notice that it was the highest grossing *entertainment* event ever held at the stadium. That being said, as a WWE shareholder I'm glad they can still draw big crowds.

#30 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

Looks like the move to PG paid off. I was totally against it at first, but now that they are going with it, the product is a more respectable and kid friendly. For the health of the Wrestling Business, that’s good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: router

Protected By... spam firewall...And...