Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Any thoughts or ideas? This is new to me. An authorized channel using an HR23 box & the subject is the message I received.. anybody seen this before and/or know why?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

Any thoughts or ideas? This is new to me. An authorized channel using an HR23 box & the subject is the message I received.. anybody seen this before and/or know why?

What channel? Can you currently tune to it and watch it? Have you tried a RBR and re-attempted to schedule the recording?
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

#3 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

Is this happening on anything you try and record, or just one thing? If it's one thing, it would be really helpful if you told us what you're trying to record.

#4 OFFLINE   ThePrisoner

ThePrisoner

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:19 AM

I received that message 2 weeks ago when I added HBO to my programming. I recorded The Pacific and I got the not authorized message. It still recorded fine for me though. I'm using an HR21-700.
Choice Xtra, HD Extra Pack, MRV, NFLST
HR24-100, Terk HDTVi, Panasonic TC-P60GT30, Oppo BDP-93, Anthem MRX-500, Paradigm Reference
HR21-700, Panasonic TH-50PZ800U

#5 OFFLINE   Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Maybe you have Parental Controls enabled and you tried to record something on Spice channel or Playboy???
Equipment
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TC-P58S2
HR24-200(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TH-50PZ85U
HR21-700(VOD/MRV) W/AM21 SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Sony KDL-46V3000
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Westinghouse 37"LCD
H24-200 SWM connected via HDMI to Samsung 24" LCD

AU9 Dish , SWM-16, SWS-8 Splitter

#6 OFFLINE   scrybigtv

scrybigtv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

No parental controls here, but I got the message last week when I wanted to record an OU women's basketball team in the NCAA tourney. The game was part of the ESPN Full Court package, so that partially explains it. However, DirecTV did not black out the Full Court games when one of the teams was from a college located in the veiwer's area (Oklahoma, in my case).

Anyway, the game recorded fine, but I did get the message beforehand.

#7 OFFLINE   loveshockey

loveshockey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts
  • LocationLancaster, NY

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

This just happened to me on Travel Channel 277. Brought HR21-700 receiver out of standby by turning it on. Tried to record Mysteries at the Museum started at 12:00midnight EST, was already 45 minutes in with buffer. Got message when pushing record button on remote. Rewound to program previous(think it was Mysteries at the Museum as well) and got same message.

#8 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

No parental controls here, but I got the message last week when I wanted to record an OU women's basketball team in the NCAA tourney. The game was part of the ESPN Full Court package, so that partially explains it. However, DirecTV did not black out the Full Court games when one of the teams was from a college located in the veiwer's area (Oklahoma, in my case).

Anyway, the game recorded fine, but I did get the message beforehand.

Was it a parttime channel? Those share allocations with PPV and other channels and sometimes the messages mess up or it was being used by a different channel when you set it up.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#9 OFFLINE   HDbruce

HDbruce

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I had this problem when installing and activating an HR24 to replace and HR21 that died. The channel I tried to record was HBO, which does insist on HDCP copy protection through HDMI for recordings. The friendly CSR reactived DVR service twice, but I still got the message. Finally told her I'd work on it myself.

I have three displays connected to the HR24 through an HDMI switch. Switched to a different TV in a different room and recordings worked fine. Switched back to the original TV, recycled the audio receiver through which the HDMI signal passes and then recording was possible there too. I concluded that somehow during the initial setup HDMI handshaking had gone awry. No problems at all since.

You might try unplugging/powering off all the equipment connected to your DVR and starting from scratch.

#10 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Reauthorizing online via Directv My Account under "My Equipment" should get those channels back, also try menu reset on your receiver on the settings menu.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#11 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Oops didn't realize this thread was three years old. But it will help others with the same problem.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#12 OFFLINE   Phaka2

Phaka2

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Helped me today. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...