Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Will I be blacked if I buy MLB at bat on I phone

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hey, all, am thinking of getting the MLB At bat for the I phone or for the computer. I was wanting to get the Cubs's games. I know i can get the audio but I thought it said you can watch live games via the I phone. My zip is 51555-my guess i would be blacked out for live streaming. Would appreciate an answer Max.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hey, all, am thinking of getting the MLB At bat for the I phone or for the computer. I was wanting to get the Cubs's games. I know i can get the audio but I thought it said you can watch live games via the I phone. My zip is 51555-my guess i would be blacked out for live streaming. Would appreciate an answer Max.

Yes you will be blacked out out of cubs games but you can watch the archive games on the computer.
http://2.bp.blogspot...MLBBLACKOUT.jpg

You happen to be in one of the worst blackout areas in the country. 6 teams.

FYI.
MLB At Bat for iphone will let you listen to the games.
MLB.TV is a separate purchase that allows you to watch games online or via your mobile device. The premium version is the one that allows you to watch archived games online. I don't think archived games are on the mlb at bat for iphone.

#3 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

Now that Slingplayer Mobile is allowed over 3g, you could go that route and not buy an out of market package.

#4 OFFLINE   MyDogHasFleas

MyDogHasFleas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

Now that Slingplayer Mobile is allowed over 3g, you could go that route and not buy an out of market package.

yes exactly my thought. Rather than having MLB send the games to your iPhone, simply get a SlingBox at home and watch your home TV on your iPhone.

I have this setup and it works fine. You do need to have a reasonable upload speed on your home Internet (1 megabit or higher recommended).

Watch out for slinging over 3G, you will totally bust over your 5 GB/month data plan limit if you watch a lot of baseball. Sling over Wi-Fi if you can.

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

There is no cap on iPhones (at least not yet). The 5 GB cap applies to most other data plans.

#6 OFFLINE   MyDogHasFleas

MyDogHasFleas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

There is no cap on iPhones (at least not yet). The 5 GB cap applies to most other data plans.

Thanks for the correction, I did not know that.

#7 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I have decided not get the I Phone App. We had a deal to switch to cable but they dont have comcast chicago for cubs so we are staying put with Dish for tv. This way we will get all of the Cubs game besides who wants to watch a replay of the game after your team loses. Max.

#8 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,634 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

WOW, thank God Sprint doesn't have that! My Pre would crush that limit every month without me even using it!

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#9 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Just a quick update-decided to drop a package to 120 plus. We still have the Cubs games on Comcast chicago-also found out our local fm station is carrying the Cubs here so we will be set. Besides there is not much on tv this time of year anyway. I have to start cutting back they are gutting are hours at work and i wouldn't be surprised if layoffs arent coming soon-will see. GO Cubs Max.

spam firewall