Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question about my account online

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

So, here's the story (I hope not too long of a story).

I ordered the MLB Extra Innings package a few weeks ago and I paid for it right away. Then, a week or so later we had some unexpected car costs pop up on us, so I cancelled the MLB package and got a $200 credit posted to my account. (In fact, after subtracting what I owed last month, I still have a $100 credit on my account.)

I noticed something on my account about a promotional offer, so I called in to find out what that was. It was nothing I was interested in, but the customer service rep went through everything that is on my account.

She says that I have MLB Extra Innings on my account, in addition to my regular programming. I was looking at my account under 'Other Services' and sure enough the MLB EI is listed there as a charge of $0.00. However, under 'Sports Subscriptions', it says I don't have any subscriptions. I told the CSR this and she said "You have the MLB Extra Innings." I asked her if it was free, and she said "No...you already paid for it last month." I then said "So, you are saying that I will get the games once the season begins?" She said I would.

Now, I know I will get them during the free preview. But, why would this still be showing up on my account when I already cancelled it? I even looked under 'Recent Activity' and I see the cancellation and refund listed in there. And, if I do have this package still, wouldn't it be listed under 'Sports Subscriptions'?

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I would really like to get the games if they are free, but I know that I won't be that lucky. I just don't want the charges to pop up on me after the season starts. My next bill is going to be generated on April 9 or 10.

(If I am stuck with the games...oh well...wife just won't be happy.)

I included some screenshots of what I am talking about.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dtv2.bmp   769.55KB   34 downloads
  • Attached File  dtv1.bmp   769.55KB   26 downloads
  • Attached File  dtv3.bmp   758.79KB   19 downloads

Edited by kenpac89, 31 March 2010 - 11:29 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 578 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

go the channel in the low 100's where you can buy the EI package and see what your screen says ... if it says you are authorized for this program you have EI

#3 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

I am at work now, but I am pretty sure that it says I don't have access to it on that channel.

I am just confused as to why different things are appearing on my account.

#4 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 578 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

I would ignore what your bill "looks like" .... if you got the credit and the channel says you don't have the package you don't have it ... the bills particular on line during the current month can look quite confusing

#5 OFFLINE   jasonc213

jasonc213

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Sometimes the way it shows online with some services or promotional discounts, is once something has been removed, it doesn't actually remove from the account until the next billing cycle starts. If you check it again after your next bill comes out, it should be removed from the website, and the CSR's screens as well.
DirecTV employee since 5/2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, they are not on behalf or represent DirecTV in any way.

#6 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I am at work now, but I am pretty sure that it says I don't have access to it on that channel.

I am just confused as to why different things are appearing on my account.

I added and then canceled Mega March Madness and my account was showing the same thing. It was removed from my Sports listing but added in "My Services" for $0.00. I never received the games and it actually still says that on my account.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

spam firewall