Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Peachtree TV Braves games channel 651

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

When I left home this morning, I think the guide showed the game for Thursday. The Braves are on Peachtree TV Wednesday night as well. Are you guys seeing it in your guide?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

The question is will they give us the Peachtree games in HD this year.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,409 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

According to Peachtree TV,folks are advised to contact their TV service provider to see if it will be available.

http://support.peach...asp?deptID=5479

Click on the Will you broadcast the Braves games in HD? link on that page.

Steve

#4 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

MLB Extra Innings won't get Braves games in HD. DirecTv doesn't provide the HD Feed for it. We are stuck watching the Standard Feed which means the picture quality will be bad. The only way for you to see a Peachtree Braves game in HD would be to live in the Atlanta home television market.

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

So who's responsibility is it to acquire the feed? Peachtree broadcasts the games OTA in HD as far as I know. Are they not offering the feed or is D* not interesting in trying to get it?

It's embarrassing that around the time we get FS South and Sports South in HD, most of the games move to a part time SD only channel. :(

#6 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

I know. The Braves have so many games this year that will be on Peachtree but we won't get to see any of them in HD. The only way to see the HD Feed would be to live in Atlanta and receive Peachtree TV via the Local Atlanta channels. I believe they get the HD Feed of Peachtree. But people outside of Atlanta are stuck watching the Standard Definition Feed of Braves Games which is VERY Uncool!

#7 OFFLINE   dukeblue021

dukeblue021

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I've emailed DirecTV and the Atlanta Braves several times about this over the past two seasons and I get nowhere with it.

My favorite thing to bring up to the Braves and DirecTV in any email is the fact that Liberty Media owns majority stakes in both DirecTV and the Braves, and about 30% of Braves games aren't available in HD on DirecTV. Just seems very odd that something can't be worked out. I realize PeachtreeTV is in the middle of the discussion, but come on.

Edited by dukeblue021, 07 April 2010 - 05:43 PM.

See profile for my setup.

#8 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

I agree Directv and Peachtree TV need to work something not seeing the HD Feed of the Braves games on Peachtree TV on Directv is not right.

#9 OFFLINE   ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

Do the other providers who sell MLB Extra Innings get the Peachtree TV telecasts in HD? It sounds more like a MLB EI or Peachtree TV thing and not a DirecTV issue.

#10 OFFLINE   thebrade

thebrade

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

Totally stoked that I got to watch Strasburg vs. the Braves in STANDARD DEF, while everyone outside the ATL market gets to watch in HD on ESPN2.

This is total bullcrap, and something needs to change.

#11 OFFLINE   prospect60

prospect60

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Luckily on this side of the state line I was able to switch over to the Nats broadcast in HD and it was superb other than having to listen to Dibble for 2 hours -- I'm assuming that Greenville is still Braves only territory (I think we are now claimed by Atl, Reds, O's and Nats). It was interesting listening to the Nationals Announcers just ripping their players new orifices every single inning.

#12 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Luckily on this side of the state line I was able to switch over to the Nats broadcast in HD and it was superb other than having to listen to Dibble for 2 hours -- I'm assuming that Greenville is still Braves only territory (I think we are now claimed by Atl, Reds, O's and Nats). It was interesting listening to the Nationals Announcers just ripping their players new orifices every single inning.

The Nats announcers do that almost every game. They are not homers that's what I like about them.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#13 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,250 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

The Nats announcers do that almost every game. They are not homers that's what I like about them.

Oh, when they are winning, Dibs is on his knees lapping them up. They are very much homers. And Dibs acts like a jilted lover when the team loses.

On the Braves, how ironic that the team that became America's Team via the biggest Superstation out there is on a crappy part time SD only channel outside of their home market. Wow, somebody in the Braves front office really screwed the pooch.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#14 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:03 AM

Fortunately, since I live in the Atlanta metro area, I get Peachtree TV in HD for Braves games. As I mentioned in another thread, for some bizarre reason, live Braves games that I see via the MLB.tv package are not blacked out. The Peachtree TV games are in HD on MLB.tv.

But it does seem bizarre since Liberty owns the Braves that they would make the Peachtree TV HD feed available for DirecTV customers in the region or get MLBEI.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - present

#15 OFFLINE   sdicomp

sdicomp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

NEVER understood why Braves games are blacked out here in West TN(6 hours from Atlanta) on D*, while my neighbor across the street gets the games through Charter!!!

Granted, the games are available in SD, but HOW can Charter show them on the regular network in HD??
Charter Digital Cable(w/FREE HD)
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Mitsubishi WD-65738 via HDMI(through Yamaha RX-V673)-networked w/Buffalo WAP
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Dynex DX-32L150A11 via HDMI

#16 OFFLINE   rkunces

rkunces

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Oh, when they are winning, Dibs is on his knees lapping them up. They are very much homers. And Dibs acts like a jilted lover when the team loses.

On the Braves, how ironic that the team that became America's Team via the biggest Superstation out there is on a crappy part time SD only channel outside of their home market. Wow, somebody in the Braves front office really screwed the pooch.

I find Dibble to be insufferable. He is as big of a homer as are the Diamondback announcers. I was a big fan of Carpenter but he seems to roll right with Dibble in the homerism.

#17 OFFLINE   jganyard

jganyard

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

My favorite thing to bring up to the Braves and DirecTV in any email is the fact that Liberty Media owns majority stakes in both DirecTV and the Braves, and about 30% of Braves games aren't available in HD on DirecTV. Just seems very odd that something can't be worked out. I realize PeachtreeTV is in the middle of the discussion, but come on.

But they have a contract with Peachtree TV which is owned by Turner who's parent company is Time Warner.

#18 OFFLINE   ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'll ask again. Does anyone know if inDemand gets an HD feed of the Peachtree TV games for Extra Innings?

#19 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

I'll ask again. Does anyone know if inDemand gets an HD feed of the Peachtree TV games for Extra Innings?

I don't know about the In Demand version of EI but I do know for a fact that MLB TV does indeed broadcast the HD version of the Braves games on Peachtree.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#20 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,791 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

They get 1 and sometimes 2 HD feeds per day. Slim pickens!
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall