Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Peachtree TV Braves games channel 651

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ccrowe3

ccrowe3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

They might have picked up an exclusive deal for HD rights outside of Atlanta. I really have no idea. I solved my problem by "moving" to the Atlanta DMA. I get the same signal strength as I did for Knoxville locals, which is a 95. Everything is peachy now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bg4

bg4

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

from wikipedia article on tbs television

================================
Split

In late June 2007, Turner Broadcasting announced that WTBS would change call letters and become WPCH-TV, and would be branded as Peachtree TV. According to Turner, the new channel 17 would offer sitcoms and movies geared specifically toward an Atlanta audience. The new station would also broadcast 45 Atlanta Braves baseball games next season. The change occurred on October 1. In addition, the channel 17 change allowed Atlanta cable and satellite television viewers, for the first time since the early 1980s, to receive the national TBS signal as of that date.[3] Most cable and satellite companies previously carried WTBS's local Atlanta signal instead of the national TBS channel. Following the change, cable systems in Canada were legally required to continue carrying the local Peachtree TV signal, instead of switching to the national TBS feed.[4]
==============================

#43 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

Liberty is a strange corporation. They own 100% of the Braves who play on Peachtree Tv which is owned by Time Warner which Liberty has a minority interest in. They are carried by Directv which is owned by you guessed right Liberty Media. Sure seems like they would work hard to make the Braves broadcast in sterling HD.

Not only that, Liberty removed XM Radio from Directv. Guess who owns stock in XM Radio, Liberty Media. Strange how they do business.

Liberty does not own DirecTV. John Malone owned a significant stake until recently. No Liberty representatives have a seat on DirecTV's board and D* is an independent company not owned by any media giant.

#44 ONLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,165 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

did any of you catch the peachtree hd feed shown on mlb network last week when the giants were in town? nice.

#45 OFFLINE   CalvinB

CalvinB

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Is it possible D* is blacking out the channel in upstate SC? I used to get it but now all I get is the DirecTV logo. I get the SD feed on CSS (Charter cable), but absolutely nothing from the 4 or 5 channels listed by DirecTV over this past weekend. Very frustrating as I used to get Peachtree (albeit lame SD).

#46 OFFLINE   ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

did any of you catch the peachtree hd feed shown on mlb network last week when the giants were in town? nice.

Wish I could have seen it. I was stuck watching the Giants broadcast since I'm in the SF Bay Area. Gotta love blackout rules.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...