Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Masters 3D not on Satellite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

In the "Not News" dept., come this blurb from SkyReport:

Bad news for satellite (subs) on the upcoming Masters Tournament. ESPN is going all out for the big golf show with highlights, news and analysis spread across its TV, radio and online platforms around the world. The top draw, of course, is the sports giant's live 3D coverage available through Augusta National to customers of Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and Cablevision and via Masters.com. But no DBS. (DIRECTV's 3D deal with ESPN starts in June.)

MediaBiz.com

My question is -- who has 3D anyway? Mebbe I'll go to my local Applebee's and watch The Masters in 3D through beer goggles. What's that...Applebee's doesn't even have HD yet? :confused:

Never mind. :whatdidid

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jilardi2

jilardi2

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

In the "Not News" dept., come this blurb from SkyReport:My question is -- who has 3D anyway? Mebbe I'll go to my local Applebee's and watch The Masters in 3D through beer goggles. What's that...Applebee's doesn't even have HD yet? :confused:

you can go online and watch it on your 3D capable computer.

heres how to http://www.avsforum.....php?p=18406417

or http://www.masters.com/3D/

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

In the "Not News" dept., come this blurb from SkyReport:My question is -- who has 3D anyway? Mebbe I'll go to my local Applebee's and watch The Masters in 3D through beer goggles. What's that...Applebee's doesn't even have HD yet? :confused:

The tv's are out there and hooking it via hdmi to hd cable box with the dedicated channel for 3D does the trick. Also it can be found in select theatres.

http://www.cable360....rage_40626.html

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

you can go online and watch it on your 3D capable computer.

Now why would I want to do that?

The tv's are out there and hooking it via hdmi to hd cable box with the dedicated channel for 3D does the trick. Also it can be found in select theatres.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but until I can project at least a 110" image in 3D, plain old HD will have to do.

Something about 3D-in-a-box sounds contradictory.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   dpd146

dpd146

Godfather

• Registered
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

No thanks on the 3D push that is currently going on. It's ok every once in awhile but I do not want to sit around with 3D glasses everytime I watch tv.

#6 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Now why would I want to do that?Thanks for the suggestions guys, but until I can project at least a 110" image in 3D, plain old HD will have to do.

Something about 3D-in-a-box sounds contradictory.

Something like this? http://www.depthq.com/projector.html
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

spam firewall