Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sonic Tap channel not purchased?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dcm210

Dcm210

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

I tuned to 815-Holidays and Happenings and it said channel not purchased. I get all the others,what gives?
DTV customer since 2002
recievers-HD-DVR,three SD receivers
sports packages-NFL ST,MLB EI,ESPN Gameplan,and NHL CI,
premuims-HBO,Cinemax,sports pack and Showtime
TV-Sharp Aquas 37 inch 1080p

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ptuck874

ptuck874

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

I think you need ultimate or higher to get that station, I know it sucks right? I would like to have it as well :)

#3 OFFLINE   Dcm210

Dcm210

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

but to leave one channel out of 70+ you'd think it would be the other way around.
DTV customer since 2002

#4 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

but to leave one channel out of 70+ you'd think it would be the other way around.

Where do they list the channels that each tier gets?

#5 OFFLINE   Dcm210

Dcm210

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

when you compare packages on DTV's website.
DTV customer since 2002

#6 OFFLINE   Bstacey

Bstacey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

It is actually 3 they leave out from xtra to ultimate. I think they are holidays, tranquility, and Italian Bistro.

#7 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Others not included: Italian Contemporary, Piano, Regional Mexican and Carnaval Brasileiro. I know these are mostly for business ambiance, but I'd still like the Brazilian and Regional Mexican ones, too.

#8 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

There are something like 26 Sonic channels that I don't get with my old Total Choice package, no longer offered. I called DirecTV three times to find out which channels I should be getting with this package. The first CSR thought these were still XM/Sirius channels -- in other words he didn't have a clue. The next two CSR's knew about Sonic Tap but couldn't point to anything on the DirecTV web site or send me a list of which channels I should be getting. The channels I don't get aren't grayed out in the channel guide, but I get a "channel not purchased" message if I select, say, 820. This effect, of course, is a continuing problem with CIG.

Considering how little bandwidth the music channels take up I'd think DirecTV could easily offer all of them to all subscribers. Apparently not.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#9 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Others not included: Italian Contemporary, Piano, Regional Mexican and Carnaval Brasileiro. I know these are mostly for business ambiance, but I'd still like the Brazilian and Regional Mexican ones, too.

Everyone knows your hover skirt was perfectly tailored for the Samba, Tommygun.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#10 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

It should prove interesting this coming Christmas when most of the DirecTV customers do not get "Holidays and Happenings" which is the ONLY DMX channel that plays Christmas (and other holiday) music. Of course, the other channels sprinkle in holiday music (just like XM did) but H & H is the only DEDICATED channel like the old XM "holly" channel. DMX (Sonic Tap) does not pre-empt regular programming on certain channels to air holiday music or single-artist limited engagements.

I also think it's stupid not giving Choice Extra customers all the music channels. Who do you know that would upgrade to Ultimate just to get a music channel???

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#11 OFFLINE   REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts
  • LocationWoodbine,MD

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

i think you get those with premeir package
hr20,hdmi to living room,componant mirred to office,h20kit hdmi,bedroom mine r15,bedroom daughters h20,other d10,slimline dish mounted on back of house,18 in.round (spare),on 3ft pipe in ground watered by dog daily.ota on roof.

#12 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Yep, Holidays and Happenings is Ultimate and above. I went to Ultimate partially to get this channel. Even so, there's still three or four music channels I still don't get. They're reserved for Premier package. Absolutely stupid.

In another thread Satracer replied to a question I had about Holidays and Happenings and Christmas music...he mentioned that Holidays and Happenings would be available to all subscribers during the Christmas holiday. So, if you're waiting for that, you should get it regardless. It is a great channel though the rest of the year, already enjoyed Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and even Easter!

#13 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Being a Jazz music listener, I've been pleased with the switch from XM to SonicTap but if, as it appears to read in these posts, we'll only get 1 Christmas music channel with SonicTap in Dec, I'll miss XM for sure. Didn't we get 3 holiday music channels starting in past Decembers with XM? "Traditional" (popular artists), "Classic", and "Holly". That's what I remember from this past Dec.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

Protected By... spam firewall...And...