Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CSN - Giants not in HD?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   rotohead

rotohead

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

.....Walton will be doing 20 or so Sacramento Kings games if I recall and CSN (CA) has the rights to Kings games.......

I knew there was a reason I never watch Kings games. And I'm in their DMA. Thank god for TNT and NBA channel.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   BK89

BK89

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

So basically, Rotohead is not a deadhead and does not like bongs. Got it, thanks. :rolleyes:

#78 OFFLINE   rotohead

rotohead

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

So basically, Rotohead is not a deadhead and does not like bongs. Got it, thanks. :rolleyes:

And I see no value in BWalton...I'm glad you got it. It take's awhile for some people.

#79 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

I find it funny that they're blacking out the MLB network feed when they're using the same feed that you would normally get anyways, that being CSN. How stupid.

I wonder if those in San Diego are able to watch it on that channel though?

Why would that be funny? Blackouts are about preserving local markets and also local ad revenue.

#80 OFFLINE   rotohead

rotohead

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Why would that be funny? Blackouts are about preserving local markets and also local ad revenue.

That may be so for majority of that teams viewers but I can never see the point with a sizeable market is OUT OF STATE. Like viewers in Reno, NV in the Bay Area DMA. There isn't even a Fry's Electronic store in Northern Nevada. If you're not even in the same state as the teams being viewed the subscriber should be able to choose the DMA.

#81 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

There isn't even a Fry's Electronic store in Northern Nevada. .

Side note, but I think the old Kmart at 80 and McCarran would be a great Fry's location. You do have one a few hrs west in Roseville, but the Fry family is very careful where they open stores and spends a lot of money figuring out locations.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...