Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

question for those who've had their 922 installed...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

Did the installer bring a HDMI cable to connect the 922?
Since I've decided to keep my 722K, I'll be needing another HDMI cable.
(And I gave one away in January).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bdeblis

bdeblis

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

An HDMI cable comes in the box. But, if you have an EHD, it doesn't work yet on the 922. You can see what you have on the hard drive but no way to view it and if you transfer it gets corrupted

#3 OFFLINE   bmorgan

bmorgan

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

from the other forum:

"It took about a day to recognize my EHD. You should wait until the S102 firmware is released before you transfer. I had 47 events on mine and the first 5 transferred okay, but the rest showed up as corrupted programs and were lost."

#4 OFFLINE   DustoMan

DustoMan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

An HDMI cable comes in the box. But, if you have an EHD, it doesn't work yet on the 922. You can see what you have on the hard drive but no way to view it and if you transfer it gets corrupted

That really shocked me. NO ONE includes HDMI cables. Not most Blu Ray players or the PS3...

Doesn't it also come with a TV2 remote even though that output is broadband only. I went looking for it after the installed left and I couldn't find the thing. I wanted to try and experiment of running the TV2 stream from my laptop into a HD Monitor and see if the 922 would respond to the TV2 remote commands.
Dusto
dustoman at gmail dot com

Echostar customer since longer then I can remember.
SlingLOADED VIP922 on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
VIP222 on Windows 7 Pro PC

#5 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Guess when they decided to make it a single-tv solution, and do away with the touch-screen remotes, they ditched the second remote. The one they do include will work all over my house though, even out my front door.

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

NO ONE includes HDMI cables. Not most Blu Ray players or the PS3...

My ViP622, of years ago, came with HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video and a coax cable as did my ViP722.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

That really shocked me. NO ONE includes HDMI cables. Not most Blu Ray players or the PS3...

Hmmm, when I unpacked my new Mits WD-82737 last week there was an HDMI cable included. And the little cheapo HP BD-2000 blu-ray player that was included in the package deal had an HDMI cable. Guess someone forgot to tell Mits and HP that NO ONE includes HDMI cables.:rolleyes:
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#8 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

I just bought a Creative Labs Vado HD video recorder and it included an HDMI cable. :)
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#9 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

Neither my 622 or 722K came with an HDMI cable, and the installers didn't have them on their trucks either (Thank God for monoprice).
When the guy came to install the 922, I asked and he said "They don't have one in the box, and we're all out at the warehouse". But when he opened the box, there actually was an HDMI cable right on top. He said it was only his second 922 install, and the first one only had component cables in the box.
Yay for me!

#10 OFFLINE   DustoMan

DustoMan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

I just bought a Creative Labs Vado HD video recorder and it included an HDMI cable. :)

Hmmm, when I unpacked my new Mits WD-82737 last week there was an HDMI cable included. And the little cheapo HP BD-2000 blu-ray player that was included in the package deal had an HDMI cable. Guess someone forgot to tell Mits and HP that NO ONE includes HDMI cables.:rolleyes:

Thank you for posting from the Literal-net. :rolleyes:

Okay, MOST manufacturers don't include HDMI cables. I can rattle off quite a few CE I've purchased in the last thee years from small and large companies that didn't include cables even though the device had an HDMI port for it. Maybe manufacturers have come to their senses, but I doubt it.
Dusto
dustoman at gmail dot com

Echostar customer since longer then I can remember.
SlingLOADED VIP922 on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
VIP222 on Windows 7 Pro PC

#11 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Seems to me the statement "... NO ONE includes HDMI cables." was pretty literal. Gotta be careful with those blanket statements. :)

#12 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

Okay, MOST manufacturers don't include HDMI cables. I can rattle off quite a few CE I've purchased in the last thee years from small and large companies that didn't include cables even though the device had an HDMI port for it. Maybe manufacturers have come to their senses, but I doubt it.

Now this statement I agree with completely. It reflects my experience as well. The Mits and HP are the first of 8 devices, 10 if you include the 2 622s, that have had the cables. And yeah, maybe the manufacturers have decided to go ahead and throw in a couple of dollars worth of cable. :)
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

spam firewall