Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blackouts yesterday on MLB EI package on D*

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

I knew that yesterday the MLB games were supposed to start on FOX...so I recorded the Tribe-Tigers game anyway off of 662 (STO) AND 663 (FSD) expecting the games to be "blacked out". My HD DVR recorded both games---3:30 worth just as I had set it up to record.

Normally, when I record stuff that is "blacked out" I will fast forward through the recording to see if the WHOLE THING was blacked out. Well yesterday on BOTH recordings the black out was "gone"/"lifted" at the 1:32 mark (2:32 pm EST). Anyone else see this on ANY other MLB EI games? Again, this happened on the STO recording AND the FSD recording.

First time I've had this happen to me on a "live" recording off of a D* EI game. I've had this happen on classic games I've set up to record off of STO in the past...but never off a current, live game. Quite unexpected but I was able to watch the game from the 4th inning to the end..didn't like the result but that's not important at this time!

:confused:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

spam firewall