Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22NC-100

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joeblow3

joeblow3

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

I can get an HR22NC-100 plus a H23-600 for $100 bucks is this a good deal? I have already purchased a new dish with swm with these receivers work with this dish?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

Both of those receivers will work. Were are you finding that deal? If that's used (eBay, for example), you need to contact DIRECTV first to make sure you will be able to activate them. Also keep in mind that they will almost certainly still be leased. You generally don't "buy" DIRECTV receivers anymore. DIRECTV can confirm that for you as well.

#3 OFFLINE   joeblow3

joeblow3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:57 AM

It says they are both new, I assume for that price they are leased, but still cheaper than what it would cost me to get them from directv.

#4 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

if you can even activate them. get rid numbers and call and see if they can be activated if you buy them.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk.

That is a pretty good deal for a HD-DVR and a HD receiver. They are both SWM compatible so you just need to run one cable from the dish to each of the receivers.

Are you getting these from DirecTV or purchasing them from an individual? If the latter, get the Receiver ID's for both receivers and contact the Access Card Team at DirecTV. Confirm that both of the receivers are owned and can be activated prior to making your purchase. Most receivers from DirecTV are leased now and cannot be transferred from one person to another.

Also, be aware that if you do get these receivers they will be considered owned. If you do not have the Protection Plan and one of them fails, you will need to lease a new receiver from DirecTV and it will also entail a new 2 year commitment.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   joeblow3

joeblow3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

I was wondering what numbers does directv need to verify these receivers
Also what am I asking when I call them

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

I was wondering what numbers does directv need to verify these receivers
Also what am I asking when I call them

Thanks

You want the receiver ID numbers. They are usually very small and on a small tab inside the compartment where the access code goes. Directv will determine if they are leased or customer owned. Give them to a rep at the 800 number.

The other issue is that you will need new access cards. Access cards are not transferable from person to person. Sometimes you can get them at n/c but other times, the are $20 each.

#8 OFFLINE   joeblow3

joeblow3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

thank you everybody for your help, I call directv and they said both are fine so i guess i will purchase these then. Any comments on the hr22nc-100 not sure what the nc stands for?

#9 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

^^^

No Cables

#10 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

Make sure to call and talk to the access card department when you call and verify. Make sure the receiver is owned, disconnected (turned off), and is tied to an account with zero balance.

If they tell you there is a small or write-off amount on the account and that won't be a problem, and to go ahead and buy it, it is a flat out LIE.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#11 OFFLINE   joeblow3

joeblow3

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

I was told that these would be lease receivers. They have never been activated. The guy bought them online tthen decided to go with dish. But I figure that I can't even get both of these from directv for this price. Thet would want 300 for the same leases receivers is what I was told by directv. Does this sound correct??

Protected By... spam firewall...And...