Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hr23-700 Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ult4dr

ult4dr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hello all,

I have an hr23-700 and I am getting an error code of 04-818. Does anyone know what this means? I starts up then goes completely black. Could this be the HD? I have had this unit for about 1 week.

Thanks

ult4dr

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:38 AM

You can view codes here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=167420

I do not see that error code there. I know you can do a scan of your hard drive after a reboot but cannot remember how. I am sure someone will chime in.

#3 OFFLINE   SledDog

SledDog

Icon

• Registered
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:48 AM

More info please.. When do you the error code? On boot up? When running tests from the menu?
PhuturePrimitive, Kaya Project, Thievery Corporation, Crystal Method, Leftfield, Hybrid, Solar Fields

Huff 85 Heavy, turn left heading 300. Expect vectors thru final for controller amusement.

My A/V Equipment
DirecTV receiver, TV, home sound thingy, a bunch of remotes.

#4 OFFLINE   ult4dr

ult4dr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

I get in on boot up. After is says "one more sec please" Goes to step 1 of 2 then gets a blue screen.

ult4dr

#5 OFFLINE   SledDog

SledDog

Icon

• Registered
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

From post #12 by Doug Brott in this thread http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=173489

To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

1. reboot STB via Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> System Setup -> Reset -> Restart Receiver
2. when they see "Running receiver self-check" press select
3. You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
4. select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Surface Test

Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.

Edited by SledDog, 14 April 2010 - 01:44 PM.

PhuturePrimitive, Kaya Project, Thievery Corporation, Crystal Method, Leftfield, Hybrid, Solar Fields

Huff 85 Heavy, turn left heading 300. Expect vectors thru final for controller amusement.

My A/V Equipment
DirecTV receiver, TV, home sound thingy, a bunch of remotes.

#6 Guest_hunter65_*

Guest_hunter65_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hello all,

I have an hr23-700 and I am getting an error code of 04-818. Does anyone know what this means? I starts up then goes completely black. Could this be the HD? I have had this unit for about 1 week.

Thanks

ult4dr

I had this error code with my HR21-700. I hope your hdd is not fried. How long have you had your HR23-700?

#7 OFFLINE   ult4dr

ult4dr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

:( Yes my HD is fried. I have had it for a whole 2 weeks.

spam firewall