Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

eSATA test?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I was installing a shelf above the one holding my HR21-200 and it's connected external eSATA drive.

The drive is a 1 TB Hitachi CinemaStar in an Antec MX100 case.

After I dropped the shelf, the drive started buzzing for about 2 minutes, but is now quiet.

I ran the System Test from the Setup menu, but I don't know whether it performs any tests on a connected external drive.

Does anyone know of any way to test the drive from the HR21-200, or do I need to disconnect and attach it to a PC to perform tests?

By the way, the My Playlist shows the same percentage free, so it appears the HR21-200 still recognizes the drive is connected.
Hitachi P60X901 HDTV
HR21-200, HR20-700, HR24-500, HR44-500
Tivo S3, Tivo Premiere HDXL
Sony BDP-CX960 Blu Ray Player
Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player
Marantz SR7001 A/V Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

I was installing a shelf above the one holding my HR21-200 and it's connected external eSATA drive.

The drive is a 1 TB Hitachi CinemaStar in an Antec MX100 case.

After I dropped the shelf, the drive started buzzing for about 2 minutes, but is now quiet.

I ran the System Test from the Setup menu, but I don't know whether it performs any tests on a connected external drive.

Does anyone know of any way to test the drive from the HR21-200, or do I need to disconnect and attach it to a PC to perform tests?

By the way, the My Playlist shows the same percentage free, so it appears the HR21-200 still recognizes the drive is connected.

Do a disk scan
1. Depress reset button next to access card.
2. When "Almost There" message appears on screen: press down arrow and
record button ON DVR (not the remote) simultaneously until message appears on screen then release

More information here
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=174481

Good Luck

#3 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Do a disk scan
1. Depress reset button next to access card.
2. When "Almost There" message appears on screen: press down arrow and
record button ON DVR (not the remote) simultaneously until message appears on screen then release

More information here
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=174481

Good Luck

Except instead of pressing the reset button next to the access card in step 1, do a menu reset (it is a clean shutdown vs. a forced shutdown).

To do a menu reset, go into the Setup menu, then reset, then restart receiver. :)
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

spam firewall