Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CTN on Sky Angel.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 09:33 PM

Sky Angel added The Christian Television Network to the package today on channel 9714. CTN was aired part time on Angel 2 and a looooong time ago when Sky Angel had 6 or 7 channels on 119° before E*3, CTN was a full time channel. I'm guessing that it was a replacement to the now defunct Dream Network.

See ya
Tony

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rage

Rage

Fromer Member

• Banned User
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 10:29 PM

It's too bad that Sky Angel is an apostate christian provider instead of a real Christian network.

*** We're going to disappear in the rapture and to hell with all of you*** LOL!

#3 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 01:17 PM

After a little more research, I found that the CTN that Sky Angel picked up was from Detroit and not the Florida Based CTN. So this channel has an distinct African American flavor to it.

More news on the Sky Angel programming front. Sky Angel and Faith TV have gotten together to make an entertainment channel specifically for Sky Angel. if you go to the Transponder Chart (Big list o'channels at http://echostar.swiki.net) you can find the links. But Faith TV's programming during the Friday evenings and weekend is nothing more than Praise TV or Worship TV. Since Sky Angel already carries these channels 24/7, Faith will replace this programming with movies, classic TV series, news and documentaries with an eye for honest-to-goodness family viewing.

The new FaithTV is expected to come online in June. The bad news for some is that it looks like Benny Hinn's Health and Healing Channel will be replaced by the new channel. I'm not sure if it's Sky Angel pulling the plug or if Benny is out of the cash he needs to maintain a 24 hour network!

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#4 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 11:32 PM

Whoa Rage! Got some harsh feelings towards an excellent ministry, dont'cha?

#5 OFFLINE   Rage

Rage

Fromer Member

• Banned User
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 11:45 AM

"Whoa Rage! Got some harsh feelings towards an excellent ministry, dont'cha?"

If you're any good they don't allow you on TV. Skyangel is no more than an apostate 501©(3) crap teaching nothing but false doctrine like the rapture crap and eternal salvation and other doctine of demons. Actually I tune into TBN, A local one, And Angel for entertainment purposes. I use to sub to Sky when it was on 119. That's before I knew any better and reading the new-age bible trash called the NIV (Never Inspired Version).

spam firewall