Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did anyone else's Tivo miss 'Star Trek: Enterprise' last night?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sfowler2

sfowler2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:55 AM

My HDVR2 missed ST: Enterprise last week (9/24) because the guide data changed. I fixed that by creating a new Season Pass. To my surprise, I came home last night to find that it did not record again. When I checked for upcoming episodes it said there were none, however the guide showed there was an episode last night (of course) and the repeat on Sunday. Did anyone else have this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:58 AM

You must redo your season pass. The guide data was changed again by Tribune.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:17 AM

No, my 721 picked it up just fine. :)

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,927 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:58 AM

The problem with Star Trek: Enterprise is that Tribune Servies, which supplys the program data, has been chaning their mind. First, it was going to be a new ID called "Star Trek: Enterprise" with a new ID#, leaving "Enterprise" with a old ID #. Then, they turn around and say that they're using the old ID# for "Enterprise" and call it "Star Trek: Enterprise." This is from someone named "TiVoPony" on Tivo Community.

Good thing I left the old season pass in place.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#5 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:11 AM

Good for you.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

Thanks! :sure:

#7 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 01:20 PM

Sorry, you have to excuse Mike.

After years of having D*Tivo's name based recording lorded over us E* DVR folk, we finally have a case where name based recordings hiccup compared to their timer based brethren.

Check your channel listings by doing a search. Enterprise is usually repeated on the weekends (WWOR New York is on Sundays I think, while WSBK Boston reruns it on Saturday).

It is a good one, make sure you don't miss it..........
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   sfowler2

sfowler2

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 01:58 PM

This is somewhat sobering to Tivo users, even though the problem isn't with the Tivo itself. I may have to rely on my Dishplayer to get Enterprise. :)

#9 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

I still take the Tivo over Dish PVR and Dishplayer any day.
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#10 OFFLINE   Halfsek

Halfsek

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:11 PM

The one time that a time based DVR beats a Tivo.

I'm an ex 721 user. I loved it, but just couldn't get over the loss of the Tivo name based recording and much friendlier interface. So I went back to Tivo.

But I tell ya Mike, the second Start Trek gets moved by an hour, you're screwed! :)

As to the topic on hand, I deleted my SP and created a new one.
I record on Sunday's and it caught last Sunday. I'll have to check to see if this Sunday is scheduled to record.

#11 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:35 PM

Actually I have a two hour timer set up every week to catch Enterprise and Jake 2.0 So if they move it I would still catch enterprise ,and if I did miss it ,I could still catch the rerun on Sunday. Great having the super stations from Dish ; 2 UPNS and 3 WBs.

Either way if I did miss it would it be any great loss? It is just a tv show and I could always catch it in reruns if I did miss it both on Sunday and on Wednesday.

#12 OFFLINE   Halfsek

Halfsek

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:10 PM

Either way if I did miss it would it be any great loss? It is just a tv show and I could always catch it in reruns if I did miss it both on Sunday and on Wednesday.

What's wrong with you?!?! It's Stark Trek dammit!! You must see the first airing.

Well, depening on what episode you missed, it's no real great loss. The last one of them transforming into another species was nothing special. It's not as if I haven't seen that premise before.

But the series is getting better.

#13 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,927 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:37 PM

I just deleted the two season passes and what I had recorded. If I have the urge to watch trek, I'll just pull out the DVDs.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...