Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Early Morning Interruption

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

I think something was posted about this a few months ago. Wonder if anyone else has this problem.

I have two 622s. Not everyday but often enough to be annoying at 5:12 AM Central Time anything recording on Tuner 2 will be stopped and the channel switched to channel 101. Yesterday I had both tuners recording and was watching a previously recorded program. Both tuners stopped recording and I had only a blank black screen when viewed live with not even the info banner functioning. It came back after a few minutes.

Even if nothing is recording I may find the receiver has switched to channal 101 on tuner 2. I'm guessing DISH is doing something at that minute to cause this. I haven't verified that it happens on both receivers on the same day but I don't think it does. One receiver is setup to get it's daily update at 3 AM. The other gets updated at noon so it doesn't seem to be related to the daily update. Also it doesn't seem to be related to those recordings DISH sometimes forces on us.

Others having this problem? Any idea?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dish97

Dish97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

Have you figured out this problem yet? Was happening to me @ 6:12am EST. What is your dish set up? I was on 1000.2 plus 61.5. On a hunch I covered the 129 LNB on the 1000.2 with foil and the problem never occurred again. I suspect the receiver was switching from one sat to the other where the channel being recorded appeared on both 129 and 61.5. Now on partial EA. One 24" dish on 61.5 and D500 at 72.7.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...