Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roethlisberger's suspension announced.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'm crossing my fingers for 6.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5121614
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

I'm crossing my fingers for 6.

Why?

Because you think his misjudgments and bad choices warrant it?
Or because you don't want him in the lineup when he plays your team of choice?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Earl, your first choice. My brother in-law lives in Pittsburgh and he tells me this guy is a first class horses rear end. Personally, I feel he's a morally bankrupt individual. For the record, the Steelers don't play the team I follow this year.
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,256 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

All I can ask Ben is was she worth a potential $2.8M in lost pay?

Seems like every off season he has some way to show poor judgment.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#5 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

He deserves what he gets. Just because he carrys a fat wallet does not give him the right to do what ever he wants. I've heard that he's being shopped around. He should get advice from Tiger.

#6 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Seems like every off season he has some way to show poor judgment.

:lol: Yup.

#7 OFFLINE   daveriv

daveriv

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

I think the suspension is a joke. Now, I'm not saying the guy isn't a scumbag, but he was convicted of nothing. If they suspended every scumbag in the NFL they' have a hard time fielding games every week.
AT-9, WB6x8 multiswitch

(1) HR20-700, HDMI, Native on, Samsung HL-S6187W, Networked (wired), OTA via Stealthtenna
(1) R22-100, HDMI, Networked (wired), Native on, Samsung 32" LCD
(1) H21, HDMI, Networked (wired), LG 42" LCD
(1) R15-300
(1) Harmony 880 Remote
(1) PS3

#8 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

I think the suspension is a joke. Now, I'm not saying the guy isn't a scumbag, but he was convicted of nothing. If they suspended every scumbag in the NFL they' have a hard time fielding games every week.

You're (not your) right, a suspension is a joke.

What if it had been your sister or your daughter? Roethlisberger needs to be fired, banned from the NFL and put on trial in Superior Court in Baldwin County, GA for rape, assault with an ugly weapon, public arrogance and lewd & stupid behavior.

Let the SOB spend 10 to 20 in Reidsville doing hard time being someone else's biatch

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#9 OFFLINE   daveriv

daveriv

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

You're (not your) right, a suspension is a joke.

What if it had been your sister or your daughter? Roethlisberger needs to be fired, banned from the NFL and put on trial in Superior Court in Baldwin County, GA for rape, assault with an ugly weapon, public arrogance and lewd & stupid behavior.

Let the SOB spend 10 to 20 in Reidsville doing hard time being someone else's biatch

You have proof of all of this how? You were there? You witnessed him raping someone?
AT-9, WB6x8 multiswitch

(1) HR20-700, HDMI, Native on, Samsung HL-S6187W, Networked (wired), OTA via Stealthtenna
(1) R22-100, HDMI, Networked (wired), Native on, Samsung 32" LCD
(1) H21, HDMI, Networked (wired), LG 42" LCD
(1) R15-300
(1) Harmony 880 Remote
(1) PS3

#10 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Well, a six-game suspension is a severe punishment for the NFL, which is the same NFL that welcomed a dog killer and convicted felon back on the field. I'm sure everyone trusts the NFL's judgment? :rolleyes:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#11 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

We may never know what really happened... similar to never knowing what really happened with Kobe years ago.

With Ben, the only thing we do know is he had put himself in bad situations at least 3 times now. Two times with women/environments that are not conducive to good behavior, and once when he wrecked his motorcycle.

The reason there were no charges filed in the current case could be for lack of evidence, could be because there is no crime, or could be because in a he-said-she-said they need rock-solid evidence to prove the case.

BUT... the NFL does have conduct clauses in many contracts... so, they don't have to wait for a crime and players know this going in. Players sign the contracts to get the big money, knowing they will be subject to some behavior-related punishments even if they don't do something illegal.

So on that basis alone, the NFL is within its rights to punish Ben.

I don't know Ben nor do I know enough about the situation to make a decision myself... so I can neither say it is enough or too much punishment. All I really can observe is that he did create a situation out of poor judgment (being somewhere not too smart for someone of his status) and they have the right to punish him for that.

People in regular jobs get fired for less offensive things than that every day... and the NFL at some point is a big corporation.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#12 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

He probably paid the woman off. You know Hush Money. He bought his way out of it probably. I hope he gets what he deserves. I agree with Terry Bradshaw here. He's under a spotlight. And he should be trying to set an example as big public figure as he is. I hope the NFL Keeps this 6 game suspension and makes him serve all 6 games of it without pay. Any other citizen who would have done what he did would have the book thrown at them most likely. So he got out of it one way with not being charged in any crime. But he got it handed to him in another way by getting suspended. I say good for the NFL because these players should not be putting themselves in those kind of situations to start out!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...