Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBSTalk on mircosoft banned site list?

dvr

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobkvjr

bobkvjr

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

I just got this on my computer with windows 7 loaded while browsing on this site. I guess someone reported that this website is giving people problems. :nono2::nono2::nono2:

[snip]
This website has been reported as unsafe
www.dbstalk.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.
Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Learn more about phishing
Learn more about malicious software
Report that this site does not contain threats
Disregard and continue (not recommended)

Edited by bobkvjr, 23 April 2010 - 03:45 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I've never had any problems or strange flags with Windows 7. In fact, I'm using it right now.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I received the same warning an hour or so ago. I let the program scan, as recommended, and nothing was found.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   bobkvjr

bobkvjr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Neither have I, but the big red display that poped up was annoying. I just disregarded it and continued to browse.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

That is odd. At any rate I'm moving this to Forum Support, where the site owner will see it.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

This wasn't the first time (probably won't be the last) that someone (or someones) have reported DBSTalk as a threat to MS.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   bobkvjr

bobkvjr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

coolness.....

#8 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'm not having issues at all
2 month old computer running Windows7
Jimmy

#9 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

this happened to me also yesterday but was a one time thing that day. What was odd was that i had multiple tabs of dbstalk up in my window and had opened up others with no problems just before. Then when trying to navigate to http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=95242.
I submitted the report to microsoft stating I think the website is safe once I got the warning.

#10 OFFLINE   JackDobiash

JackDobiash

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I'm starting to get anti-virus warnings, possibly from the ads on here so perhaps someone flagged it because of that.
ViP622 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Sony KDS-60A2000 60" SXRD RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (20GB)
ViP722 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Samsung HL61A750 61" LED DLP RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (60GB)
Programming - Americas Everything Pak + Portland Locals, HD + Platinum, DHPP (Service)
DishNetwork Customer since 1998

#11 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Hello...

Talk about this in another thread....but more or less...

The ads on the site are mostly Google Adsense, Amazon and a few house ads that were put up long ago. So the only changing ad would be the Adsense ads main as Amazon would be just from them. Without knowing what ad may be making for the issue from Google, it would be hard to stop.

The other thought is that a link was placed in a thread. If it seems to be the same thread showing this warning, what thread? (And if the thread has more than one page, what page would be of help.) A person in the other thread posted the log file which mentioned a PDF on his drive. So, it could be in an attachment that is a PDF.

Other wise, do not see it and thus hard to trace.

Thanks

#12 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

I just made a change in Adsense where it was set to allow 3rd Party ads outside of Adsense. (102 other ad sites though adsense. Augh!) So I have told it not to allow for third party ads. It may take some time to kick in so lets see what happens now.

Note...If a service added this site to a list because of an outside influence, it could take some time to drop off IF THIS WAS the case.

#13 OFFLINE   jacmyoung

jacmyoung

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Today for the second time my 3rd party security protection software said it blocked a trojan while I opened up DBSTALK. I have not figured out how to find that report yet. Using Windows 7 also.

#14 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

Had McAfee scan the site from their servers and it did not see any issue. So still at a loss on this.

Attached Files

#15 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

I'm starting to get anti-virus warnings, possibly from the ads on here so perhaps someone flagged it because of that.

I also got AV warnings from Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 Corporate Edition on my work pc Friday.
my setup here

#16 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Today for the second time my 3rd party security protection software said it blocked a trojan while I opened up DBSTALK. I have not figured out how to find that report yet. Using Windows 7 also.

Got the same message on Friday about the trojan but we have XP (not Windows 7) with Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#17 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Thanks guys, those were Friday...I made a change to Adsense on Saturday and yesterday a scan of the site itself show no issue.

If anyone sees any of this currently, if you can see what it reports it would be great. Like, what ads may be on the screen for example or anything else that may help.

Thank you all.

#18 OFFLINE   JackDobiash

JackDobiash

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

:up:

So far so good, I haven't seen any new warnings.
ViP622 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Sony KDS-60A2000 60" SXRD RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (20GB)
ViP722 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Samsung HL61A750 61" LED DLP RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (60GB)
Programming - Americas Everything Pak + Portland Locals, HD + Platinum, DHPP (Service)
DishNetwork Customer since 1998

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...