Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Launches Univision and TeleFutura in Crystal-Clear HD

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Agreed...It was just as bad when BET HD was added. Ironically, there was no ethnic or redneck/hillbilly jabs when CMT HD was added.

Correct. It was despicable
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

does anyone know why i cant see channel 408 in my guide? channel 402 comes in fine and the shows last night looked good in HD

you probably do not have a dish with the 5LNBs a 3 LNB dish can see the satelite with 402 on it a 5 LNB dish is needed to see 408 ...

the 3 LNB is all that is needed to see all of the "normal" channels and HD the 5 is required for some of the foreign language packages

#53 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

I believe, but am waiting for confirmation from DirecTV, that it is not part of the "en espanol" package, only the "optimo mas" and higher packages, which I am not really interested in.

That's what I'm thinking, although interestingly enough TFTw-HD is listed under "Channels I Get" and is not grayed-out in my guide under "All Channels." So I should be receiving it, yet is showing as a "CNP 721" error.

Strange...

Not that it really matters mind you since here in L.A. I can receive TFTw-HD just fine from local station KFTR-DT 46 off-air from Mt. Wilson. And for that matter the west coast feed of Univision in HD from local station KMEX-DT 34 as well.

But anyway, has anyone figured out yet what DirecTV satellite TFTw-HD is broadcasting from? I'd like to know for the record ... :)

#54 OFFLINE   Garry

Garry

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

never thought i'd find such childish ethnic jabs on such a GREAT vast knowledge of information that this site is.. That i've referred to time & time again, may not be so inclined to next time around..if swanni didnt suck so much with his news reports...after these ethnic jabs I'd not consider ever coming back here..sad indeed to see the childish behavior of some..pathetic

I have to agree. I was really surprised at some of the posts I read. Not something I expected on this forum.

#55 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

you probably do not have a dish with the 5LNBs a 3 LNB dish can see the satelite with 402 on it a 5 LNB dish is needed to see 408 ...

the 3 LNB is all that is needed to see all of the "normal" channels and HD the 5 is required for some of the foreign language packages

Nope;

I have a 5-LNB SlimLine dish and its giving me a "CNP 721" message as well for TFTw-HD.

#56 OFFLINE   dontknow

dontknow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

well im new to all this be before i used to get some of the channels in the 400s like ONCE and now they dont come up anymore

#57 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

That's what I'm thinking, although interestingly enough TFTw-HD is listed under "Channels I Get" and is not grayed-out in my guide under "All Channels." So I should be receiving it, yet is showing as a "CNP 721" error.
Strange...

Not that it really matters mind you since here in L.A. I can receive TFTw-HD just fine from local station KFTR-DT 46 off-air from Mt. Wilson. And for that matter the west coast feed of Univision in HD from local station KMEX-DT 34 as well.

But anyway, has anyone figured out yet what DirecTV satellite TFTw-HD is broadcasting from? I'd like to know for the record ... :)

+1

#58 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

I believe I read in another thread it is on 119 transponder 23.

I haven't seen a single post on here from anyone who can actually receive this channel though (on 408).

It definitely appears that they don't have this channel set up correctly for the Channels I Get function though.

Edit/
Found the post
http://www.dbstalk.c...490#post2439490

Edit/
According to DirecTVs site Telefutura West is only available in the Mas Ultra, Mas Ultra Deportes, and Lo Maximo packages.
http://www.directv.c...ooternavtype=-1

Edited by Beerstalker, 29 April 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#59 OFFLINE   BigRick10

BigRick10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Univision is on Choice and up. Telefutura is on Optimo Mas and up. So you need a spanish package for Telefutura.

#60 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'll only be able to enjoy Telefutura when it gets added to the NY market of UHF channels in HD then the spanish package wont be needed..as for Univision thanks for having ch 402 available to all..cant wait for some soccer games!!

Then again I've had these in HD for months via my rabbit ear antennas and my HD digital tuner scan...gotta love just having the rabbit ears ontop of my airconditioner..have had a clear signal of HD Univision/Telefutura and Telemundo...would be nice to take it off the AC

Edited by Santi360HD, 29 April 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#61 OFFLINE   Mariah2014

Mariah2014

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 836 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

It's a known national issue on Directv's End. You will need to call up get added to the list of accounts they are working on so the channel will come through.

Nope;

I have a 5-LNB SlimLine dish and its giving me a "CNP 721" message as well for TFTw-HD.

#62 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

It's only an issue if he has one of the packages I listed above. If he doesn't have one of those packages he won't be able to get the channel.

#63 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

I believe I read in another thread it is on 119 transponder 23.

I haven't seen a single post on here from anyone who can actually receive this channel though (on 408).

It definitely appears that they don't have this channel set up correctly for the Channels I Get function though.

Edit/
Found the post
http://www.dbstalk.c...490#post2439490

Edit/
According to DirecTVs site Telefutura West is only available in the Mas Ultra, Mas Ultra Deportes, and Lo Maximo packages.
http://www.directv.c...ooternavtype=-1

Which is also weird since as I posted on the other thread Tpn. 23 at 119 is listed as a spotbeam transponder, not CONUS for national programming.

#64 OFFLINE   Mr D

Mr D

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

im paying $20 for spanish package and still dont get telefutura on 408, i get my local telefutura on ch 68 here in nj/ny area, i get every other spanish channel but this one? why is that? they should open that feed till they can give us our local stations in HD

#65 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

im paying $20 for spanish package and still dont get telefutura on 408, i get my local telefutura on ch 68 here in nj/ny area, i get every other spanish channel but this one? why is that? they should open that feed till they can give us our local stations in HD

that saves me the trouble of getting the package incase there was something different, Thanks.

I too am in NYC, its kinda like the way we're not allowed the CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX west coast feeds I feel Telefutra would fall in same bucket...Strange how Univision gets a pass...and TeleMundo East & *Telefutura East do not.

Yes I know Telefutura East isnt the newest HD

#66 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Out of curiosity;

What Spanish language package for $20, since all the Spanish packages on the DirecTV site range from $47.99 for "Optimo Mas" to "Lo Maximo" for $114.99 which all include TFTw-HD?

#67 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Do you get the channel in standard def (you might have to unhide SD duplicates to check).

What receiver and Dish setup do you have?

I was able to find a list of channels included in the $15 En Espanol add on package. It says Telefutura is included in that package, but doesn't say it is telefutura west. I'm also not sure if that is the same package that you have since you said it is $20.
http://forums.direct...&ie=x#e10626999

Out of curiosity;

What Spanish language package for $20, since all the Spanish packages on the DirecTV site range from $47.99 for "Optimo Mas" to "Lo Maximo" for $114.99 which all include TFTw-HD?

If you have an English package you can go into your account and click on My Programming, then My International Channels. There is an En Espanol package for $15/month that can be added, but it doesn't really say what channels are included (that's why I went looking for the list I posted above). I'm also not sure if that is the same package that Mr D is talking about.

#68 OFFLINE   BigRick10

BigRick10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

You can add the spanish package to any english package for 20 dollars

#69 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

OK, thanks gotcha;

Its confusing though since on DirecTV's web-site front page when you select "international" under the pull-down menu for packages it doesn't list "Spanish" among the languages supported. ...

#70 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Yeah the foreign language channel stuff get's really confusing. On DirecTVs main page you can click the dropdown for TV packages, and in there they have English, Spanish, and International. Under Spanish in there they have 4 different packages (3 of which should get Telefutura West HD as far as I can tell). Under the international tab on the main page they don't list Spanish at all. If you have an English package you can go to the page I talked about earlier and add the En Espanol package for $15/month but they don't tell you what channels you will get.

Looks like they really need to try to straighten that out and simplify it.

Back to the question at hand though, I still haven't seen a post from a single person who can actually get Ch408. I wonder if something is really mixed up? Have any mods looked into this at all?

#71 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

ESPN Deportes is part of the spanish package...question does that channel even exist in HD? or is it like ESPN Classic..in that its not at all in HD..

do pardon my digression of the topic...however since its in the spanish package...had to ask...

back to our regularly schedule topic found online THIS AINt in HD.....

Edited by Santi360HD, 29 April 2010 - 02:33 PM.

#72 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

ESPN Deportes is part of the spanish package...question does that channel even exist in HD? or is it like ESPN Classic..in that its not at all in HD..

do pardon my digression of the topic...however since its in the spanish package...had to ask...

Its not showing as HD in the formal Spanish packages, therefore I can't believe ESPN Deportes is HD in the en espanol international add-on. I'm only seeing two Spanish HD channels. The newly added Univision HD-east and TFTw-HD (which no one has posted to be receiving BTW)

#73 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Its not showing as HD in the formal Spanish packages, therefore I can't believe ESPN Deportes is HD in the en espanol international add-on. I'm only seeing two Spanish HD channels. The newly added Univision HD-east and TFTw-HD (which no one has posted to be receiving BTW)

found online that ESPN deportes itself doesnt beam in HD ...so thats that..

#74 OFFLINE   hdthebest

hdthebest

Godfather

• Registered
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

I live in L.A. and get 402 but the 721 message pops up for 408....I really don't care since I don't speak spanish...but like mentioned in the post before I think we have to subscribe to the Spanish programming for 20 bucks ( which I won't give) BTW is the World Cup going to air on channel 408?

#75 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

I live in L.A. and get 402 but the 721 message pops up for 408....I really don't care since I don't speak spanish...but like mentioned in the post before I think we have to subscribe to the Spanish programming for 20 bucks ( which I won't give) BTW is the World Cup going to air on channel 408?

Univision & Telefutura & Galavision are under the umbrella of Univision Communications.
The American counterpart in the partnership is USA Broadcasting : USA Network
It varies in certain cities in which ones partner with USA Networks, its not uniform...so in my market of NYC
Univision (Ch 41) was once partnered with USA Network/ Telefutura (Ch 68) is the current listed partner with USA networks

Not sure how they will spread out the World Cup, and Im going by the last tourney in 2006 Univision had the main tier of games, rest were spread out across telefutura..but in 2006 I didnt have HD...Telefutura will get games not sure what they deem as top tier in one of the daily brackets.

This isnt like the NCAA Basketball tournament with a LOAD of games all going on at once..they will be spaced out accordingly

found this link: explains Univision's involvement
http://www.multichan...d_Cup_In_HD.php

also ESPN will televise the whole thing acros their networks as well
http://www.worldcupb...v-schedule.html

Edited by Santi360HD, 29 April 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...