Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Launches Univision and TeleFutura in Crystal-Clear HD

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

never thought i'd find such childish ethnic jabs on such a GREAT vast knowledge of information that this site is.. That i've referred to time & time again, may not be so inclined to next time around..if swanni didnt suck so much with his news reports...after these ethnic jabs I'd not consider ever coming back here..sad indeed to the childish behavior of some..pathetic

Most people here are great, don't let a few comments chase you away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,105 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

When do we get BBCA in HD? Or does D* just keep ignoring this fine channel?

Rich

#43 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,105 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

I've always thought they should have english captioning. Maybe we should write to the FCC. Sabado Gigante looks like a good show to watch. Problem is I only understand about 20% of it.

Would seem like a great way to learn Spanish. I watch some films from Europe that have English sub-titles and by the end of the movie I can usually follow what they are saying to a small extent. And Japanese movies are the same way.

Rich

#44 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,799 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

When do we get BBCA in HD? Or does D* just keep ignoring this fine channel?

Rich

When people try and post on topic.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#45 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,799 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

never thought i'd find such childish ethnic jabs on such a GREAT vast knowledge of information that this site is.. That i've referred to time & time again, may not be so inclined to next time around..if swanni didnt suck so much with his news reports...after these ethnic jabs I'd not consider ever coming back here..sad indeed to see the childish behavior of some..pathetic

Agreed...It was just as bad when BET HD was added. Ironically, there was no ethnic or redneck/hillbilly jabs when CMT HD was added.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#46 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

Univision HD is at 99 on D11. We aren't sure yet about TeleFutura, but apparently it's either at 110 or 119.

Has anyone figured why we're not getting TeleFuture? Is it only available in certain packages? I get the "Error 721 Channel not purchased ..." message, so I don't think it's a satellite/reception issue.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#47 OFFLINE   rwanania

rwanania

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Has anyone figured why we're not getting TeleFuture? Is it only available in certain packages? I get the "Error 721 Channel not purchased ..." message, so I don't think it's a satellite/reception issue.

I believe, but am waiting for confirmation from DirecTV, that it is not part of the "en espanol" package, only the "optimo mas" and higher packages, which I am not really interested in.

#48 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Don't you just love generalizations!:rolleyes: Just because someone watches these channels don't mean they can't speak English.

I do watch Univision from time to time(I love The Cristina show).

Los Blancos no saben respecto, si en ellos la cara

I never said that the people watching these channels couldn't speak English, I realize there are a lot of people that are bilingual or greater.

I said that I think everyone living in the USA should be able to speak english.

Even though I think that they should be able to speak English I do not think that they shouldn't be able to watch TV in their native language if the TV provider wants to supply it. I also think that other people who are interested in the programming should have it available too. I posted the link that estimates 10% of the population can speak Spanish, so to me it makes sense for D* to add Spanish channels to try to get those customers.

So to my point, I am happy for the people that want to watch these channels, I hope they enjoy them. I also hope D* gets the results they were looking for by adding these channels. I myself am not that interested in them, but I will patiently await the other HD channels they have promised instead of complaining/threatening/crying like others here have done about these channels being added.

#49 OFFLINE   dontknow

dontknow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

does anyone know why i cant see channel 408 in my guide? channel 402 comes in fine and the shows last night looked good in HD

#50 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

I’ll agree with this thread’s title: “DIRECTV Launches Univision and TeleFutura in Crystal-Clear HD

Watched a few minutes of Univision last night. Wow, razor sharp!

#51 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Agreed...It was just as bad when BET HD was added. Ironically, there was no ethnic or redneck/hillbilly jabs when CMT HD was added.

Correct. It was despicable
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#52 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

does anyone know why i cant see channel 408 in my guide? channel 402 comes in fine and the shows last night looked good in HD

you probably do not have a dish with the 5LNBs a 3 LNB dish can see the satelite with 402 on it a 5 LNB dish is needed to see 408 ...

the 3 LNB is all that is needed to see all of the "normal" channels and HD the 5 is required for some of the foreign language packages

#53 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,892 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

I believe, but am waiting for confirmation from DirecTV, that it is not part of the "en espanol" package, only the "optimo mas" and higher packages, which I am not really interested in.

That's what I'm thinking, although interestingly enough TFTw-HD is listed under "Channels I Get" and is not grayed-out in my guide under "All Channels." So I should be receiving it, yet is showing as a "CNP 721" error.

Strange...

Not that it really matters mind you since here in L.A. I can receive TFTw-HD just fine from local station KFTR-DT 46 off-air from Mt. Wilson. And for that matter the west coast feed of Univision in HD from local station KMEX-DT 34 as well.

But anyway, has anyone figured out yet what DirecTV satellite TFTw-HD is broadcasting from? I'd like to know for the record ... :)

#54 OFFLINE   Garry

Garry

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

never thought i'd find such childish ethnic jabs on such a GREAT vast knowledge of information that this site is.. That i've referred to time & time again, may not be so inclined to next time around..if swanni didnt suck so much with his news reports...after these ethnic jabs I'd not consider ever coming back here..sad indeed to see the childish behavior of some..pathetic

I have to agree. I was really surprised at some of the posts I read. Not something I expected on this forum.

#55 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,892 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

you probably do not have a dish with the 5LNBs a 3 LNB dish can see the satelite with 402 on it a 5 LNB dish is needed to see 408 ...

the 3 LNB is all that is needed to see all of the "normal" channels and HD the 5 is required for some of the foreign language packages

Nope;

I have a 5-LNB SlimLine dish and its giving me a "CNP 721" message as well for TFTw-HD.

#56 OFFLINE   dontknow

dontknow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

well im new to all this be before i used to get some of the channels in the 400s like ONCE and now they dont come up anymore

#57 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

That's what I'm thinking, although interestingly enough TFTw-HD is listed under "Channels I Get" and is not grayed-out in my guide under "All Channels." So I should be receiving it, yet is showing as a "CNP 721" error.
Strange...

Not that it really matters mind you since here in L.A. I can receive TFTw-HD just fine from local station KFTR-DT 46 off-air from Mt. Wilson. And for that matter the west coast feed of Univision in HD from local station KMEX-DT 34 as well.

But anyway, has anyone figured out yet what DirecTV satellite TFTw-HD is broadcasting from? I'd like to know for the record ... :)

+1

#58 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

I believe I read in another thread it is on 119 transponder 23.

I haven't seen a single post on here from anyone who can actually receive this channel though (on 408).

It definitely appears that they don't have this channel set up correctly for the Channels I Get function though.

Edit/
Found the post
http://www.dbstalk.c...490#post2439490

Edit/
According to DirecTVs site Telefutura West is only available in the Mas Ultra, Mas Ultra Deportes, and Lo Maximo packages.
http://www.directv.c...ooternavtype=-1

Edited by Beerstalker, 29 April 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#59 OFFLINE   BigRick10

BigRick10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Univision is on Choice and up. Telefutura is on Optimo Mas and up. So you need a spanish package for Telefutura.

#60 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 915 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'll only be able to enjoy Telefutura when it gets added to the NY market of UHF channels in HD then the spanish package wont be needed..as for Univision thanks for having ch 402 available to all..cant wait for some soccer games!!

Then again I've had these in HD for months via my rabbit ear antennas and my HD digital tuner scan...gotta love just having the rabbit ears ontop of my airconditioner..have had a clear signal of HD Univision/Telefutura and Telemundo...would be nice to take it off the AC

Edited by Santi360HD, 29 April 2010 - 12:17 PM.

spam firewall