Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday's "Cold Case" two episodes series finale?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Much speculation has been offered on the web about this being the last season of "Cold Case," the CBS crime procedural that has been a Sunday night favorite in our household for its entire 7 seasons. As one TV reviewer put it:

It's not that the show has shown a big decline in quality of late. It remains what it always has been — a pretty good crime drama.

It's not that the ratings are that bad. They're down this season, but the show's numbers are still better than those of a lot of shows that will be back in the fall.

This is more about money than anything else. As are most decisions when it comes to network television.

If you've been watch recent episodes, many of the characters' story lines seem to be in a "wrapping up" mode. And in what was a curious thing, Detective Lilly Rush, the primary character played by Kathryn Morris, was offered a job with the FBI handling cold cases. I could see a spin off or maybe some CBS movies because Morris has an almost cult-like fan base.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Being a fan from episode 1 I hope it stays around as long as they can maintain the quality. But I agree we're beginning to see things kind of come together for the characters and more back stories are coming out also.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Well, I wouldn't say these exactly wrapped the series. Not that that has ever bothered the bean counters in charge of what's kept and what's dropped. I did enjoy the assistant police commissioner or whatever he was losing his job. He's been a right royal pain in the other end.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#4 OFFLINE   gepopes

gepopes

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

I'm a huge tv series fan. :)
The humor presented on the Frasier dvds is intelligent unlike some TV shows that have humor that is stupid and immature and predictable. I like how Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce showcase their musical talents on the show(and I can tell that isn't fake piano playing) quite often.
24 is an immensely innovative show, that has its primary hook in the fact that events occur in real time for a period of 24 hours (with each episode representing one hour), and in the constant suspense and twists it pours out of every subplot. The show on the 24 dvds is held together by the strength of Sutherland's performance – Bauer is a fascinating individual.
Without any doubt, Mash is the best show ever made. On the Mash dvds the scenario writing is incredible, and the plots are very relevant to any society. Showing the worst of man to the very best of man, this show very well described the human condition.Yet, even with the anti-war message, they refrain from bashing on soldiers (as most anti-war people tend to do) and they express pride in the bravery of them, while hating the need to fight.

But my all time favorite tv series is Cold case :D. The Cold case dvds feature fictional cases that have been unsolved for years. The stories are touching, even though we know these situations are not real. Somehow it seeps under your skin because you know thousands of people in the real world live with the things that go on in the episodes.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...