Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV/DECA Going National May 13th

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1989 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

As noted in the other thread...

You can continue to call, and elevate your blood pressure.

Or you can wait, until we have a clear and concise method posted to get MRV activated via ethernet.

Thanks Earl.

Awaiting the info, no rush here.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

DirecTV HD Channel Listing - 2011 DBSTalk HD Poll - 2010 DBSTalk HD Poll - Satellite & National HD Alerts

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

please make sure you have the following:

• Patience
  • Persistence
  • Politeness

There is no reason that you shouldn't be using these every time you call a CSR for ANY company (especially the first and last P). In my opinion it is RARELY the fault of a CSR that you aren't getting what you wanted. Sometimes it is bad training, sometimes it is someone new, sometimes it is policy.

There is no reason that you should ever lose your patience or be rude with a CSR (short of them maybe being rude to you, but even then, yelling won't help).

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!
My current setup can be found here!

#223 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,846 posts

Now the story is ethernet can be used for MRV with HR24 only...on the phone now.

I got this too and was told it wouldn't let her place the order b/c of this so she transfered me to Technical Dept. and they were on top of their stuff and got it right away.

#224 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,915 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

I called and the CSR seemed fairly competent but after working on it a while, she said that since I am now using the beta, it wouldn't show up on my account now but would automatically show up when the beta ends. I'm not so sure of that and will call again before 5/20 to verify.

#225 OFFLINE   cnmurray8

cnmurray8

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

First try at getting it activated on ethernet was not successful. They checked my account and said I have everything I need but the system would not allow them to activate. They went to a supervisor who said that as long as I was still activated in the beta test they could not activate. Oh well I will try later when I get home from work.

Does anyone know if their system reports back to them what you have for equipment? I have not had an installer at my house in over 8 years when the old 18 inch dish was installed. She new I had a SWM 5 LNB installed and they did not do it and I never told when I installed it a couple years ago.

#226 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Or you can wait, until we have a clear and concise method posted to get MRV activated via ethernet.

Thanks Earl. Would much rather sit tight until you guys have sorted it out than deal with CSR's. I have enough blood pressure issues! lol.

#227 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

OK all is good, I am activated courtesy of Marco in tech support. My account shows this as well! :)

Thanks Earl for working on this today and my apologies for getting miffed...lol.

Edited by adamson, 13 May 2010 - 10:33 AM.
edit

#228 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Folks here is some more information .. this is from DIRECTV:

We are excited to announce that the DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service (formerly known as DIRECTV® Multi-Room DVR service) has launched nationally. This great new service that provides multi-room viewing capabilities to our customers is now available to all customers across the United States. As a result, we will be turning off the Beta trial for the service on May 20, 2010. If you are currently participating in the beta trial please give us a call at 1.800.531.5000 to learn how you can activate this great new service.

As noted earlier:
  • MRV Beta will be disabled on Thursday May 20
  • Whole-Home DVR service (MRV) will be $3/month
  • If your installation is NOT "MRV-Compatible"
  • CSR will ask you to upgrade to DECA/SWiM ($99 + $49)
  • If Upgrade refused, CSR can set flag for "MRV-unsupported" the add Whole-Home DVR service (no $99/$49 fee)

Please, just remain patient as CSRs come up to speed on this new service. Today is the FIRST day it has been available.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#229 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

There is no reason that you shouldn't be using these every time you call a CSR for ANY company (especially the first and last P). In my opinion it is RARELY the fault of a CSR that you aren't getting what you wanted. Sometimes it is bad training, sometimes it is someone new, sometimes it is policy.

There is no reason that you should ever lose your patience or be rude with a CSR (short of them maybe being rude to you, but even then, yelling won't help).

I draw the line at being lied to, e.g., "there is no problem with the H20-600".

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#230 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

I draw the line at being lied to, e.g., "there is no problem with the H20-600".

Once again, this could be a matter of product education, and not being lied to. There is a distinct difference.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#231 OFFLINE   beer_geek

beer_geek

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Why wasn't a clear and concise method posted ahead of time? DirecTV knew what we were going to do. It's all over the threads that many would just opt to have the system activated.

#232 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,642 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

I called and the CSR seemed fairly competent but after working on it a while, she said that since I am now using the beta, it wouldn't show up on my account now but would automatically show up when the beta ends. I'm not so sure of that and will call again before 5/20 to verify.

I had the Beta authorized on all receivers and once they flipped the MRV flag on my account, the Beta option disappeared from my receiver's setup menu and MRV showed online on my account (had to log out and back in, a simple refresh of the page did not work)

#233 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,387 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Why wasn't a clear and concise method posted ahead of time? DirecTV knew what we were going to do. It's all over the threads that many would just opt to have the system activated.

Perhaps because we're in the less than .1% of the customer base and they're focusing on the main customer base.
A.K.A VOS

#234 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking, people would not get upset if Directv had all their ducks in a row.

#235 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

but would automatically show up when the beta ends. I'm not so sure of that and will call again before 5/20 to verify.

The reason I called today is that there is a very narrow window to add MRV before the beta ends. If they were going to force an upgrade, I wanted there to be time to get it done before the Beta drops off.

JMHO, but the window should have been longer. ie start taking orders now, but don't remove beta/start charging until 6/1.

#236 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

The reason I called today is that there is a very narrow window to add MRV before the beta ends. If they were going to force an upgrade, I wanted there to be time to get it done before the Beta drops off.

JMHO, but the window should have been longer. ie start taking orders now, but don't remove beta/start charging until 6/1.

Agreed on all points.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#237 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

Once again, this could be a matter of product education, and not being lied to. There is a distinct difference.

OK, how about, "I will send a replacement receiver," and she doesn't? :mad:

This was all after a CSR had agreed to replace it, but that didn't get on an alignment work order, so the Tech didn't have a replacement when the truck rolled, and suggested I just call and have one shipped.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#238 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,387 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hey everybody, this is hitting them like a freight train.
Everything is in flux and they may well find it's best to extend the Beta period.
A.K.A VOS

#239 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

Was told that because I've had this account only 4 months, there would be an additional $50 charge and that couldn't be waived.. So to install,
$99+$49+$50= no THANKS!!! And to boot, the connection went out today. Of course I'm out of the 90 day window of first ordering. So either pay $50 for some moron to change alignment, or pay $5.99 a month for protection plan.. All in all, Directv stuck it to me!! Thanks!!!

#240 OFFLINE   beer_geek

beer_geek

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Perhaps because we're in the less than .1% of the customer base and they're focusing on the main customer base.

Don't you mean that YOU are in that small percentage of people who have the DECA already and the rest of the Beta customers are the ones using their own networks?

spam firewall