Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D10 Transponder 6 losing signal after 10 seconds or so

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chadplusplus

chadplusplus

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Intermittently, Nat Geo HD and Food Network HD will get this glitch where I will lose satellite signal about 10 seconds after I tune to them. If I change channels and immediately go back, they come in fine, but then I lose signal again approximately 10 seconds later. Rinse, repeat.

Satellite signal strength during these periods is typically good with 103 (cb) signals in the 90+ range. Transponder 6 was reporting 95% on both lines.

I have an HR21-200 and a Slimline-5. No additional hardware (the cable runs directly from the outs on the dish to the receiver).

I perused the forums and google to no avail. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,498 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

When you see the "glitch", do both DVR tuners show the problem with transponder 6?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   chadplusplus

chadplusplus

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yes, both tuners.

The glitch also doesn't seem correlated to weather.

#4 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,418 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

Does it continue after a "Menu Reset"??

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#5 OFFLINE   chadplusplus

chadplusplus

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Not sure. The issue resolved itself late last night. I will try this next time it acts up.

#6 OFFLINE   chadplusplus

chadplusplus

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Ok, it did it again this morning and I took a look. I left it on the Food Network HD and did a menu reset. Once the receiver rebooted, it was still on Food Network HD, but was searching for signal. So I checked the signal strength and they were all good. 103 (ca) Transponder 6 was 95%. So I exited out of the menu. Upon exit, the channel popped on and stayed on for about 30 seconds, then I lost signal again.

See, this is screwy and its driving me crazy.

Edited by chadplusplus, 10 May 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   chadplusplus

chadplusplus

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

Actually, it looks like this has spread to all channels on the 103(cb) satellite. It was working perfectly earlier this evening, but now all the channels on the 103(cb) satellite lose signal after 5 seconds or so after tuning to them from a non-103(cb) channel.

I checked the satellite signal and was getting 89-94 on all transponders on that satellite. But here's the odd thing: while flipping back and forth between the tuners, during one test, Transponder 2 and 4 came back as zeroes. When I flipped back to the other tuner it again got 89-94 on all transponders and then back to the tuner that had gotten the zeroes, it was back to all 89-94s. I flipped through the satellites and tuners and kept going back to both tuners on 103(cb), but I did not see the anomaly again.

spam firewall