Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV, DECA, New DVR on the 14th

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   beckp

beckp

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

Just got off the phone with DirecTV to cancel HBO and I asked the guy about the roll-out on the 13th and he said it's going to be the 14th. For what it's worth .....
Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   johns70

johns70

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Some guy on another forum had DIRECTV installed a few days ago and he got 2 HR24s and DECA installed for what it's worth.....

#3 OFFLINE   beckp

beckp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Doesn't surprise me :-)
Thanks,

#4 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

Just got off the phone with DirecTV to cancel HBO and I asked the guy about the roll-out on the 13th and he said it's going to be the 14th. For what it's worth .....

I've heard that, too... but suspect it means it will be announced on the 13th and they'll start installing on the 14th.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#5 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Some guy on another forum had DIRECTV installed a few days ago and he got 2 HR24s and DECA installed for what it's worth.....

There are four markets right now that have been part of the MRV pilot program for a month or more; he's probably in one of those, unless he just got lucky.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#6 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

I called a local installer who told me they'd have DECA HR24/H24 on the Saturday the 15th.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#7 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

I'll say it again. The Hx24 rollout is not the same as the MRV national rollout on 5/13. While somewhat related, they are not the same.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#8 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

Is there a charge for MRV service?

#9 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Is there a charge for MRV service?

$3 per month per account.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#10 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ok thanks

#11 OFFLINE   jgarveyATL

jgarveyATL

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

I called today (5/11) and ordered new DTV service. The rep confirmed MRV was available, but then told me he couldn't add the feature until Thursday 5/13. He asked me to call back on 5/13 to customer service to have them add MRV (confirmed at $3/month).

My installation is set for Sunday am 5/16. I don't see anything on the installation that indicates that an HR24 or H24 were ordered. I asked the AE if the receivers were the newer HR24 & H24 and he didn't know. But the AE told me they would be MRV capable and also confirmed that only HD receivers and DVRs could use MRV.

I will report back on Sunday as to the install.

#12 OFFLINE   Hdhead

Hdhead

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

I called today (5/11) and ordered new DTV service. The rep confirmed MRV was available, but then told me he couldn't add the feature until Thursday 5/13. He asked me to call back on 5/13 to customer service to have them add MRV (confirmed at $3/month).

My installation is set for Sunday am 5/16. I don't see anything on the installation that indicates that an HR24 or H24 were ordered. I asked the AE if the receivers were the newer HR24 & H24 and he didn't know. But the AE told me they would be MRV capable and also confirmed that only HD receivers and DVRs could use MRV.

I will report back on Sunday as to the install.

Any receiver in the HR family is MRV capable. You may get something other than an H24.

#13 OFFLINE   chris.dg

chris.dg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I ordered MRV yesterday, got an appt for earlier this morning. The technician just left. Everything is setup, including network connectivity to my router. For $99 each, I also had both HR20's replaced with two new HR24s to get more recording capacity, built-in DECA, speed, etc. They replaced my dish as well.

MRV is working like a charm so far.

Although, I can't test ON DEMAND (which is new to me) yet, because whenever I select an on demand channel it says "1545 (showtime) is currently not available". Hopefully this is something that becomes available after a day or so, per the technician.

location is San Jose, CA

-Chris

#14 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

I ordered MRV yesterday, got an appt for earlier this morning. The technician just left. Everything is setup, including network connectivity to my router. For $99 each, I also had both HR20's replaced with two new HR24s to get more recording capacity, built-in DECA, speed, etc. They replaced my dish as well.

MRV is working like a charm so far.

Although, I can't test ON DEMAND (which is new to me) yet, because whenever I select an on demand channel it says "1545 (showtime) is currently not available". Hopefully this is something that becomes available after a day or so, per the technician.

location is San Jose, CA

-Chris

Yeah,. On demad stuff is kind of like guide data, and takes a while to update.

spam firewall