Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Design my SWM/DECA System

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

I'm thinking about it, but it's still going to end up being cheaper to do it myself (All Hx24 receivers when I'm done).
This is the filter I want I take it: http://www.solidsign...Components&sku=

4 new receivers is not cheaper than their upgrade.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

I'm thinking about it, but it's still going to end up being cheaper to do it myself (All Hx24 receivers when I'm done).
This is the filter I want I take it: http://www.solidsign...Components&sku=

if he buys all 24 models he wont need but one deca or broad band deca for on demand and one bs filter. why pay d for it? if he doesnt need or want on demand then a band stop is pretty cheap. but agreed that buying 4x rcvrs isnt exactly cheap.

My setup: HR 44, HR34, 2x HR 24, 2x HR 23-700, 4x C31's, Nomad...

#23 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

No, the 4 receivers aren't going to be cheap. I'm not buying them JUST because they have built in DECA though. I want the speed. And there's NO way they're going to give me 2 HR24s and 2 H24s and the DECA install for $150 lol So once I get the receivers (Which I want anyway, even if they didn't have built in DECA), I just have to buy 1 DECA adapter, the power adapter for it, and the BS filter.

#24 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:03 AM

if he buys all 24 models he wont need but one deca or broad band deca for on demand and one bs filter. why pay d for it? if he doesnt need or want on demand then a band stop is pretty cheap. but agreed that buying 4x rcvrs isnt exactly cheap.

No, the 4 receivers aren't going to be cheap. I'm not buying them JUST because they have built in DECA though. I want the speed. And there's NO way they're going to give me 2 HR24s and 2 H24s and the DECA install for $150 lol So once I get the receivers (Which I want anyway, even if they didn't have built in DECA), I just have to buy 1 DECA adapter, the power adapter for it, and the BS filter.

I wouldn't spend the money on 24's to then have to have the account flagged as unsupported and risk the chance of a 24 not being prioritized as a replacement in case of a failure. If he does a self install and doesn't place a MRV order they will flag the account as unsupported. I'm also pretty sure that if someone were to order an MRV upgrade and 4 HD DVR's at one shot that they may be able to bargain some on the cost. Even a $50 credit would make it cheaper than ordering a BS filter, 1 DECA, and 1 PI from solid signal.

#25 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

I wouldn't spend the money on 24's to then have to have the account flagged as unsupported and risk the chance of a 24 not being prioritized as a replacement in case of a failure. If he does a self install and doesn't place a MRV order they will flag the account as unsupported. I'm also pretty sure that if someone were to order an MRV upgrade and 4 HD DVR's at one shot that they may be able to bargain some on the cost. Even a $50 credit would make it cheaper than ordering a BS filter, 1 DECA, and 1 PI from solid signal.

These are replacing. When I'm done, they'll be the only 4 receivers on my account. Would my account still be flagged as unsupported then?

#26 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

These are replacing. When I'm done, they'll be the only 4 receivers on my account. Would my account still be flagged as unsupported then?

From everything I have seen without placing an MRV upgrade order requires an unsupported flag. I would call them and see what they would be willing to do for you. The price for the 3 items you would need would be 63.97 before shipping. If you can get the MRV part for that or less then you would have a better account. If I were shelling out close to a grand for specific equipment I would spend the extra $150 to ensure I had the best chance to get the same thing again. Imagine getting a DOA and being shipped an HR20-23 as a replacement before you even got to use that HR24. I'd be pissed but that's me. Now this still isn't a guarantee but from everything that's been stated so far priority seems to be given to those with supported MRV accounts.

#27 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

From everything I have seen without placing an MRV upgrade order requires an unsupported flag. I would call them and see what they would be willing to do for you. The price for the 3 items you would need would be 63.97 before shipping. If you can get the MRV part for that or less then you would have a better account. If I were shelling out close to a grand for specific equipment I would spend the extra $150 to ensure I had the best chance to get the same thing again. Imagine getting a DOA and being shipped an HR20-23 as a replacement before you even got to use that HR24. I'd be pissed but that's me. Now this still isn't a guarantee but from everything that's been stated so far priority seems to be given to those with supported MRV accounts.

If they shipped me anything other than an Hx24, I'd refuse it.

#28 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

If they shipped me anything other than an Hx24, I'd refuse it.

You won't know until you open it. Once you open it you can't refuse.

#29 OFFLINE   paragon

paragon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

You won't know until you open it. Once you open it you can't refuse.

Last time I got a receiver (in 2008) it said the model number right on the side of the box. And it's my understanding that the you have up until the receiver is activated.

#30 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

The receivers say what they are on the outside. Another thing to mention is that I would guess that d* has to have a way to fix an account that is flagged incorrectly. I would venture to guess if you followed dougs method to get Mrv added with out the upgrade and have the csr set the mrv supported flag to y instead of u you would get the priority for replacement that you want.

My setup: HR 44, HR34, 2x HR 24, 2x HR 23-700, 4x C31's, Nomad...

#31 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

If you only have four receivers without an HD DVR, what good is it, as there are no recorded programs to share?

#32 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

If you only have four receivers without an HD DVR, what good is it, as there are no recorded programs to share?

2 HR24s and 2 H24s

Protected By... spam firewall...And...