Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Press Release: DISH Network 1st TV Provider to Launch All 3 Univision Networks in HD

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

DISH Network® first TV Provider TO launch ALL THREE UNIVISION NETWORKS IN HD

Provides the Only Complete High Definition Lineup of 2010 FIFA World CupTM Coverage in Spanish Nationwide

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – May 12, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., America’s fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today became the first and only company to launch all three Univision networks in HD – Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD. DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa. Univision HD and TeleFutura HD are available today and Galavisión HD arrives in early June.

“Since day one, DISH Network has been committed to delivering the very best in Latino programming, and we’re proud to offer three of the top Spanish-language networks in high definition just in time for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Our customers will not only get access to live 2010 FIFA World Cup™ games in HD on Univision and TeleFutura, but also they’ll get primetime replays of games on Galavisión, HD, available nationally in June only on DISH Network.”

“Our mission is to provide viewers with the highest-quality information and entertainment, and this partnership significantly helps to put our Spanish-language programming and category-leading 2010 FIFA World Cup™ coverage in front of an audience that wants to enjoy the best Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD has to offer,” said Tonia O’Connor, executive vice president, distribution sales and marketing, Univision Communications. “The availability of our portfolio of networks in HD speaks to DISH Network’s commitment to Hispanic audiences.”

Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD, owned by Univision Communications, Inc., are the leading Spanish-language programming destinations for U.S. Hispanics. Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-language network in the U.S. and is the exclusive, Spanish-language home to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. TeleFutura ranks second among all Spanish-language networks in key dayparts and will also show live 2010 FIFA World Cup™ games. Galavisión is the top Spanish-language cable network, and will feature primetime replays of 2010 FIFA World Cup™ matches along with specially-produced content, providing viewers with the most complete 2010 FIFA World Cup™ experience.

For more information on how to subscribe, visit www.dishlatino.com or call 1-888-599-DISH.

###

About DISH Network
DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), provides more than 14.3 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2010, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP® 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine “Editors’ Choice.” DISH Network Corporation is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com, follow on Twitter, @dishnetwork (www.twitter.com/dishnetwork), or become a Fan on Facebook, www.facebook.com/dishnetwork.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,765 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

It is also important to note that all three channels are in the America's Top 200 package ... which makes these channels available without an expensive subscription.

#3 OFFLINE   Smthkd

Smthkd

Icon

• Registered
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Technically this statement is false as D* launched UniHD and TelefuHD first...The third GalaHD wont be available til June. Dish continues to make up flattering titles to manipulate the truth.

BTW: Congrats on the addition.
Media/Family Room:
Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma , Toshiba XA2 (28 HD DVD's),Sony 60gig PS3 (80 Blu-Ray/16 Games), Onkyo 705, Infinity CC2, 4 Infinity RS5, 2 Infinity Overture 3,Velodyne DDS12, Directv HR20,Monster Power HTS2500 MKII, SlingBox ProHD
Master Bedroom:
Hitachi 55HDS69 Plasma, Sony STR-DA4ES, Toshiba A2, Directv - H21
Seating Room:
Panasonic 34" HDtv, Toshiba A2, Directv H21

#4 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Technically this statement is false as D* launched UniHD and TelefuHD first...The third GalaHD wont be available til June. Dish continues to make up flattering titles to manipulate the truth.

Semantics...semantics...really, at this point...who cares?
END OF LINE

#5 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

Technically the statement, never says Dish launched UniHD and TeleHD 1st. The statement clearly states "Galavisión HD arrives in early June."
The Announcement clearly says, Dish will be the 1st to have all 3 of them in HD.

#6 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Technically the statement, never says Dish launched UniHD and TeleHD 1st. The statement clearly states "Galavisión HD arrives in early June."
The Announcement clearly says, Dish will be the 1st to have all 3 of them in HD.

It clearly states Dish, "today became the first and only company to launch all three Univision networks in HD – Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD."
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,765 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

Thed DirecTV and DISH can race to June and see who adds it first! :)
DISH is the first to announce the channel. DirecTV has not announced it.

Plus DISH has these three channels placed at a level comparable to "Choice" ... on DirecTV one would have to add a Spanish language package to get Telefutura's national feed. So DISH provides the two channels to more of their customers and will be adding the third in an announced timeframe.

Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:13 PM

It clearly states Dish, "today became the first and only company to launch all three Univision networks in HD – Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD."

It also CLEARLY states, several times, Univision HD and TeleFutura HD are available today and Galavisión HD arrives in early June.

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

It also CLEARLY states, several times, Univision HD and TeleFutura HD are available today and Galavisión HD arrives in early June.

Ok, but I was still pointing out its obvious incorrect opening statement.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

Ok, but I was still pointing out its obvious incorrect opening statement.

Oh you mean the "truth in maketing, grab your attention, opening statement" without the details.
I will give you that point.

Please read in sarcasm, between the quotes, as they all do that.

#11 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

Oh you mean the "truth in maketing, grab your attention, opening statement" without the details.
I will give you that point.

Please read in sarcasm, between the quotes, as they all do that.

:lol: So true.

It is good to see more HD, though.

#12 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,418 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

Just stick with the headline DISH Network 1st TV Provider to Launch All 3 Univision Networks in HD and but add the word "Soon" which seems to apply to everything they announce.:sure:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#13 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

Besides I dont think any World Cup games will be On Galavision...it'll be Univision and Telefutura if im not mistaken..so other than Wrestling lucha libre and soaps Galavision is worthless to me..im sure if any were, the Directv crew (myself included) will hope said games will fall on one of the ESPN channels. Cause we dont have Galavision in HD

#14 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Besides I dont think any World Cup games will be On Galavision...it'll be Univision and Telefutura if im not mistaken..so other than Wrestling lucha libre and soaps Galavision is worthless to me..im sure if any were, the Directv crew (myself included) will hope said games will fall on one of the ESPN channels. Cause we dont have Galavision in HD

http://eon.businessw...245&newsLang=en

Broadcasting all of the event's 64 matches in High Definition (HD), Univision will be transformed into the U.S. World Cup destination leveraging its market-leading assets -- Univision, TeleFutura, Galavision, Univision.com, Univision Movil, and Univision On Demand - to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for its audiences with nearly 900 hours of comprehensive coverage. The World Cup on Univision will begin airing live on Friday, June 11th at 8am Eastern/7 am Central/5am Pacific.

Galavision will be the best of the day replay game.

ESPN will do a good job, and will watch most of the games on ESPN. I don't speak spanish, and like last World Cup, I will be watching lots of Univision as well, as they do a better job than ESPN, even IF I can't understand them. Granted with most soccer games I a turn down the announcers anyways, as they are usually to annoying.

#15 OFFLINE   BigRedFan

BigRedFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Besides the prime time World Cup Game replays in HD, there should be plenty of other HD programming on Galavision-HD when it goes live in June.... GALA carries many hours of news programs and entertainment/talk shows (12-14 hrs. daily) directly live from Mexico which are produced in HD by Televisa Networks-Mexico in native 1080i.... I would assume that GALA-HD will be passing through all of these live HD shows when they debut in June....That's alot of new HD !....

#16 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

Ok,
Another reason to either watch Univision, and try to follow in a language I don't speak or Turn off the sound when ESPN is covering Soccer.
USA vs Czech Republic, CZE scores just before the 44 minute mark, to Tie the score, and the STUPID ESPN coverage team, calls the goal, the "Stopage time equalizer for the Czech Republic." Somebody needs to inform the ESPN coverage team, that soccer is played in 2 half's both 45 minutes long. Stoppage time startes after the 45minutes, not a minute and a half before. The coverage team has been screwing up all game, but that one was just over the top bad.

#17 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

Ok,
Another reason to either watch Univision, and try to follow in a language I don't speak or Turn off the sound when ESPN is covering Soccer.
USA vs Czech Republic, CZE scores just before the 44 minute mark, to Tie the score, and the STUPID ESPN coverage team, calls the goal, the "Stopage time equalizer for the Czech Republic." Somebody needs to inform the ESPN coverage team, that soccer is played in 2 half's both 45 minutes long. Stoppage time startes after the 45minutes, not a minute and a half before. The coverage team has been screwing up all game, but that one was just over the top bad.

At least ESPN does not interrupt soccer matches for commercials; the trend of American television coverage prior to the 1994 World Cup; the Spanish channels did not interrupt coverage even in those days. The only announcers, in the United States, which do a great job of calling soccer matches, are those on Univision and Telemundo. I remember watching several World Cup matches on Univision in 1990, because there was no English domestic coverage, except for the final match. Now we get to see all the World Cup games, in English, no less.

While ESPN coverage has improved visually; the announcers are still calling games like they have never covered a soccer match before. By the way, at least they now refer to it as "stoppage time"; in the past they referred to it as "injury time". Of course, the most over used adjective has to be "dangerous", any time has a shot on goal.

#18 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

At least ESPN does not interrupt soccer matches for commercials; the trend of American television coverage prior to the 1994 World Cup; the Spanish channels did not interrupt coverage even in those days. The only announcers, in the United States, which do a great job of calling soccer matches, are those on Univision and Telemundo. I remember watching several World Cup matches on Univision in 1990, because there was no English domestic coverage, except for the final match. Now we get to see all the World Cup games, in English, no less.

While ESPN coverage has improved visually; the announcers are still calling games like they have never covered a soccer match before. By the way, at least they now refer to it as "stoppage time"; in the past they referred to it as "injury time". Of course, the most over used adjective has to be "dangerous", any time has a shot on goal.

I wonder what kind of chance we have in getting Univision TV monopoly to add a SAP, to there broadcasts?

#19 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

HAH! Now that's ironic "transmitted in English in SAP"

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#20 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

HAH! Now that's ironic "transmitted in English in SAP"

Why not? Secondary Audio Program, for those of us that live near the border, were we have more Mexico based TV stations than US station, would find this useful.
:D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...