Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Would I be entitled to an upgrade/

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satchaser

Satchaser

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

I am currently enjoying MRV on a H21-200, HR23-700,HR20-700, and H21-100. I also have a H20-100 which does not have an internet connection thus no MRV capability. I am using LAN connections and Linksys WET610N's to the MRV connections and only want to activate MRV and NOT do a DECA istall at this time.

MY question is; If and when they allow me to activate MRV for the $3 monthly service charge will they upgrade my H20-100 to an MRV capable receiver or must I pay for an upgrade?

Satchaser

D*TV since "94
HR20-700 -->Sony 50"
HR44-200-->Hitachi 50" LCD, HDMI
H21-100-->Panasonic 32 inch LCD, HDMI
HR23-700-->Panasonic CRT

Whole Home -- Deca, wired CCK 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

If you just activate MRV then they most likely won't replace your H20 for you. If you were to do the DECA upgrade then they would swap it out for an H21, H23, or H24, but it would require a new commitment (not sure if it's 1 or 2 years).

However if your H20 were to stop working, then it might be replaced with an H21, H23, or H24 for the $20 shipping fee (or for free if you have the protection plan), and that wouldn't require a new commitment. Be aware though that you could end up with another H20 if this happened (they won't guarantee what model you get).

#3 OFFLINE   Satchaser

Satchaser

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Beerstalker! I have talked with DirecTV Networking and MRV services and they are not sure that we will be allowed to activate MRV without DECA yet (at least I was told that). The CSR seemed to think that it will be made clear on the day of National release. She did say that we would get an on-screen message indicating that we would have to call in to get the service.

Satchaser

D*TV since "94
HR20-700 -->Sony 50"
HR44-200-->Hitachi 50" LCD, HDMI
H21-100-->Panasonic 32 inch LCD, HDMI
HR23-700-->Panasonic CRT

Whole Home -- Deca, wired CCK 

#4 OFFLINE   pstr8ahead

pstr8ahead

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

What I heard is that you get DECAs or no MRV authorization. We'll see tomorrow.
2 HR24s and an R22 w/DECA networked via DECA BB, slimline SWM5

Protected By... spam firewall...And...