Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Flyers vs. Bruins blacked out AGAIN

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1kyardstare

1kyardstare

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hmmm. A few minutes of Bruins and Flyers televised live. But the Terrestrial loophole takes effect and blacks out the Philly area again.

Nice! Well it was 2 - 0 when it when dark...

Get the poison out Fly boys! Bring on game 7...

Edited by 1kyardstare, 12 May 2010 - 08:23 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

WWW.ATDHE.NET LINK TO THE GAME.

i know it suxs i hope game 7 is national tv game the pens are done.

#3 OFFLINE   loveshockey

loveshockey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLancaster, NY

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

WWW.ATDHE.NET LINK TO THE GAME.

i know it suxs i hope game 7 is national tv game the pens are done.

of course game 7 will be national....do you have any clue?

#4 OFFLINE   1kyardstare

1kyardstare

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

Of course this is national. However There is the "unique" circumstances here in Philly where Comca$t can withold the game from locals. I do not know what will happen on Friday (if anyone does please let us know). I "assume" (and I pray to Pelle Lindburgh) that we will be able to see the Versus feed.

#5 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

I saw that the NESN feed out of Boston was working last night..........

#6 OFFLINE   jlosh

jlosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

Game 7 is still listed as being on CSN for those of us in the Philly area. At the beginning of the series it listed games 5,6 & 7 as CSN exclusives for Philly. I am sure it will be on Versus nationally and blacked out for us. It will be free parking and admittance to watch the game at the Center for us locals as well.

#7 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yes, game 7 will be blacked out in Philly.

#8 OFFLINE   311Man

311Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Correct

Philadelphia market watches on CSN - Boston market on NESN and everyone else on Versus. So D* folks are out of luck. :mad:

#9 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

FWIW, even though I live in Chicago, I am not a Hawks fan, nonetheless for years we were blacked out or home games so I feel your pain. The idiots who run the league just refuse to understand that they need exposure. For as long as they were not on TV and not promoted it was not that hard to get Hawks tickets. Yes, they are a better team but still, the more exposure the more people show up. Over the last two years Hawks tickets are a lot more difficult to get.

#10 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

FWIW, even though I live in Chicago, I am not a Hawks fan, nonetheless for years we were blacked out or home games so I feel your pain. The idiots who run the league just refuse to understand that they need exposure. For as long as they were not on TV and not promoted it was not that hard to get Hawks tickets. Yes, they are a better team but still, the more exposure the more people show up. Over the last two years Hawks tickets are a lot more difficult to get.

It's not just the NHL. The NBA and the MLB have to deal with this comcast crap.

They need to all step up and force comcast hand even more at least they opened that feed to MLB EI , NBA LP and NHL CI.

maybe they should give D* a free pass to show games on VS / other networks or open the CI , NBA and LP for free to people in market even if they have to show the other teams feed.

The NHL and MLB has the feeds for there replay systems so maybe they can give that out as well.

to bad comcasts owns the teams as the Chicago teams DID NOT let comcast pull any of this crap when CSN CHI started and yes comcast put over flow games on CLTV / MOJO HD that was comcast only at the time and they all showed up on all other systems.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 13 May 2010 - 06:16 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#11 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

nhl actuallly did put game 6 at the last minute on nhl center ice. It wasnt going to be. but they should do this all the time.

#12 OFFLINE   Jammasterd

Jammasterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

this is a joke right? no game 7 for DirecTv viewers?
I want my bar tab reimbursed by DirecTv.
Stay Thirsty my Friends!

#13 OFFLINE   wallybarthman

wallybarthman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Nope.... better hope the Flyers win - once its conference finals its all Versus/NBC.

Westinghouse 37'' LCD 1080p Monitor / PS3 / HR24-500 w/AM21 OTA Tuner / Mac Mini
Vizio 42'' LCD 720p TV / Panasonic Blu-ray Player / Mac Mini / HR22 w/ AM21 OTA Tuner and HR22

#14 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Call Comcast. It's their problem. DirecTV can't do anything about it.

#15 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

Man, Comcast really wants to hammer a utility pole up the rear ends of all DirecTV Customers in Philadelphia.

Thats just friggin low, not making that game a Versus exclusive.

#16 OFFLINE   1kyardstare

1kyardstare

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

I guess I will listen to this game on the Radio in my Philadelphia home due to NHL/Terrestrial Loophole/Comca$t/DirecTV/Arlen Specter -- aurghh. I know there are way more important things to worry about but this stinks. :mad:

Maybe the ghost of Reggie Dunlap or Ogie Ogilthorpe will flip a switch to allow Versus to show this game to us Delaware valley folks. :grin:

#17 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

Remember - we get zero Phillies games, zero 76ers (who cares) games too. OK - WPHL has a few Phillies games and FOX has a few too, but we get zero that aren't over the air.

Don't blame the NHL here - This is all a gift from Mr. Arlen, the senior senator of PA to Comcast Corp.

#18 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

Man, you guys in Philly are lucky the NFL doesnt use RSN's or youd all be royally boned.

#19 OFFLINE   paakoridge

paakoridge

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

If Bettman had any stones, he'd put the game on the NHL network in the Philly market only and tell Snyder to suck it.

#20 OFFLINE   Jammasterd

Jammasterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Man, you guys in Philly are lucky the NFL doesnt use RSN's or youd all be royally boned.

It really wouldn't be that bad missing the Eagles game and seeing something else.
Stay Thirsty my Friends!

spam firewall