Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Transponder Map: New Data: 5/12/2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

The attachments to this post cover all U.S. DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, CONUS (Continental U.S. or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams). OTA (Over The Air) data is not provided in this specific data capture.

Directv-Latin America provides satellite coverage for the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America; Directv-LA data is separate and not included here.

A single Excel document provides all the CONUS and LIL data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 72.5W, 95W, 99W, 101W, 103W, 110W and 119W positions.

Three supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Network-Market-DMA Networklist cross-reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data.

• A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver's signal strength display.

• A Channel Distribution Chart showing the number of CONUS and LIL channels provided by each satellite.
All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

As always, thanks to you and doctor j!
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#3 OFFLINE   vb765

vb765

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks guys

#4 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

It would be interesting to see the LiL channel counts for D10 and SW1, weekly over the next 6 weeks.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#5 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

It would be interesting to see the LiL channel counts for D10 and SW1, weekly over the next 6 weeks.

... not to mention D12. ;)

It will be interesting to see how they use each satellite.

~Alan

#6 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

... not to mention D12. ;)

D12 has been peculiar but we're working on it.

#7 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

D12 has been peculiar but we're working on it.

I had no doubt! :)

~Alan

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,758 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

Looks like it's going VERY smoothly - without new APG PID and new Net#. ;)

#9 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

Pay attention folks. Your SD channel names are being changed. They seem to be working their way across the country, LIL Network by LIL Network.

Example:
I used to have two channels in San Diego:
SD15 which was San Diego KPBS, Channel 15 in SD
KPBS which was San Diego KPBS, Channel 15 in HD

I Now have two channels named KPBS.

It is difficult to tell the two channels (SD and HD) apart now. If I hit "Info" whilst on a channel, the name in the Info Name Display begins with A3 if the Channel is in HD. But very few people will pick up on that. And, Yes, each and every HD and SD Channel pair in my LIL Network now have the same names. I'm not sure WHAT they Directv is trying to do??

#10 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

Pay attention folks. Your SD channel names are being changed. They seem to be working their way across the country, LIL Network by LIL Network.

Example:
I used to have two channels in San Diego:
SD15 which was San Diego KPBS, Channel 15 in SD
KPBS which was San Diego KPBS, Channel 15 in HD

I Now have two channels named KPBS.

It is difficult to tell the two channels (SD and HD) apart now. If I hit "Info" whilst on a channel, the name in the Info Name Display begins with A3 if the Channel is in HD. But very few people will pick up on that. I'm not sure WHAT they Directv is trying to do??

Smaller markets have had it this way for years...

... or are you talking about something in the transponder data instead of what the regular customer sees?!

~Alan

#11 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Smaller markets have had it this way for years...
... or are you talking about something in the transponder data instead of what the regular customer sees?!
~Alan

Alan,
Both the TPN data stream and what the customer's receiver displays are both changing. At this moment in time, San Diego LIL Network has been visited by the Channel Name fairy; the San Francisco LIL Network has not yet been visited.

Example: at this time, the San Francisco DMA has:
KQED which is Channel 9, PBS in HD
SF9 which is Channel 9, PBS in SD

Very shortly, they will have:
KQED which is Channel 9, PBS in HD
KQED which is CHannel 9, PBS in SD

Edited by gct, 30 May 2010 - 09:15 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Alan,
Both the TPN data stream and what the customer's receiver displays are both changing. At this moment in time, San Diego LIL Network has been visited by the Channel Name fairy; the San Francisco LIL Network has not yet been visited.

OK, so I had it right then... :)

Only the larger markets had the market abbreviations like you mentioned... and smaller markets had the actual call letters for their SD-LIL.

If memory serves, only the markets on 101 had the market abbreciations instead of the call letters.

If memory serves again, my memory is telling me that it had something to do with DirecTV's earliest receivers not being able to support something. Because markets available via the satellite at 119 required newer receivers anyway, there was no need to do this, so DirecTV correctly displayed the station's call letters.

Apparently, DirecTV must know (or feel) that there aren't any receivers old enough in the big markets to cause a problem, so they are updating the older markets now. :)

~Alan

#13 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

Please see the new thread with data of 6/2/10.

Thanks!

spam firewall