Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Multi-Room

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rockon1

rockon1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

I have two hr20-700. Can i multi room both of them and share between them. Or is it just for dvr to nondvr.Right now they are both networked but don't see each other. I opted in on both of them for multi-room

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

I have two hr20-700. Can i multi room both of them and share between them. Or is it just for dvr to nondvr.Right now they are both networked but don't see each other. I opted in on both of them for multi-room

Yes, they will work together for MRV. If they cant see each other, try using static IP addresses.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,029 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

The HR20's (all HD DVR's) can view recordings from any other HD DVR. Have you run the network test to make sure that the network connection is functioning correctly? You might also try doing a reboot on both of them to see if that helps.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:13 AM

You may have opted in, but did you select the option for the Playlist to show the programs on the other DVR? Bring up the Playlist and press the yellow button for the options.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#5 OFFLINE   rockon1

rockon1

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I have on demand on both and I have checked the view all option. I think it might be because on one of the dvr I have connected to a computer and shares its wireless signal. The other dvr uses the linksys WET610N wireless bridge.

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

I have on demand on both and I have checked the view all option. I think it might be because on one of the dvr I have connected to a computer and shares its wireless signal. The other dvr uses the linksys WET610N wireless bridge.

What do you mean by it shares its wireless signal? Is the other DVR connected via a cable to your wireless router? Is that router then connected to your cable/DSL modem?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   rockon1

rockon1

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

What do you mean by it shares its wireless signal? Is the other DVR connected via a cable to your wireless router? Is that router then connected to your cable/DSL modem?

- Merg

The computer is connected to the internet using a wireless connection. The dvr is connected to the computers ethernet port and shares the wireless connection that the computer is using. The computer acts as a hub.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...