Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any word on Fox Soccer Channel HD?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ncaaneil84

ncaaneil84

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

While I do appreciate the new hd channels that will soon be available, it is hard to get excited over channels I rarely (if ever) watch. My two year contract ends this week and FSC HD is available on dish. Anybody know if FSC HD will be offered by the 10-11 season?
Hup Holland

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bgilga

bgilga

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Hopefully we will see FSCHD by the start of the new EPL season. D* is going to have GOLHD in August, but I would like both. I won't switch to E* because I get MLBHD, MSG and MSG+ HD, and YESHD. Dish does not offer those. To me it won't be worth giving up 5 to get 1.

#3 OFFLINE   Brit_in_WV

Brit_in_WV

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

I too would like to see both Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus in HD, maybe by the start of the new EPL season we will , who know's for sure, but I think that Fox and DTV work well together and contracts should be in order soon.
"Je ne suis pas assez jeune pour tout savoir"

#4 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

I hope for it too, but wouldn't be shocked to see the EPL season start and still see them both in SD
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#5 OFFLINE   uncouth

uncouth

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

We might be in the minority, but add me to the FSC/FSC+ HD bandwagon. Watching the 1 EPL game a week on ESPN in HD has totally spoiled me...

#6 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

We might be in the minority, but add me to the FSC/FSC+ HD bandwagon. Watching the 1 EPL game a week on ESPN in HD has totally spoiled me...

I don't think we are. In the poll a few weeks ago FSCHD ending up around 12 on the most wanted list.
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#7 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

I don't think we are. In the poll a few weeks ago FSCHD ending up around 12 on the most wanted list.

and those that wanted it, mostly wanted it first.

#8 OFFLINE   ejuer

ejuer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

I too am hoping for FSC HD at the very least before the 10/11 european season. This is the one channel that could eventually become a deal breaker for me.

I would also like to see FSC and FSC+ bundled together. I already feel as though I pay $13 for FSC and don't feel like paying another $15 for FSC+, but would gladly give up the remainder of the sports pack for a soccer pack... Gol, FSC and FSC+ for $15.

#9 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

I too am hoping for FSC HD at the very least before the 10/11 european season. This is the one channel that could eventually become a deal breaker for me.

I would also like to see FSC and FSC+ bundled together. I already feel as though I pay $13 for FSC and don't feel like paying another $15 for FSC+, but would gladly give up the remainder of the sports pack for a soccer pack... Gol, FSC and FSC+ for $15.

Agreed. RSNs are only valuable if you are following a remote college, if that college is covered by the RSN. Pro games, and for that matter college football and basketball require additional packages.

I would like a real soccer package, FSC, FSC+, UEFA, MLS, GolTV, etc.

#10 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Kinda surprised no one wants it for the WC.

For being a sports leader D* sure is taking their time with this. Especially if they don't have it for the WC. Shoot now you could say they are doing MLS an injustice by not having it available.
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#11 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Kinda surprised no one wants it for the WC.

For being a sports leader D* sure is taking their time with this. Especially if they don't have it for the WC. Shoot now you could say they are doing MLS an injustice by not having it available.

Isn't every WC game on an ESPN/ABC? What good will FSC be, then, for WC?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#12 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Also waiting for FSC HD and FS Plus HD. Supposedly they're STILL in negotiations. Hopefully they get somewhere by the time next season starts in August, it'd be a shame if GolTV manages to be in HD on D* before FSC, especially in a World Cup year.

"If you're a soccer fan, you need DIRECTV."

Being the so-called leader in sports and soccer in this case, it's questionable why DISH and TWC were able to agree on carriage conditions well before DirecTV. They've been at it for a while and I was very surprised that FSC wasn't in the list of the announced and upcoming HD additions.
Soccer fans are a rather vocal, and quickly growing, crowd and the recent DBSTalk poll showed that. D* needs to pick it up (both the channel(s) and in general), FSC is by far the most watched soccer channel in the US.

#13 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

There's quite a lot of pre-WC coverage now on FSC (in HD) and they announced several shows during the games. They hired several 'experts' to analyze matches, preview and review them, etc. It should be interesting as ESPN likely won't do much other than the usual content during Live soccer games, as seen this season.

#14 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

The games will be spread out between ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC, it just not showing the games, the coverage, and the announcing, and the after game is very different, and ESPN just hasn't hired the right people yet. Who wants to watch SD coverage of anything?
It really sucks that only TimeWarner is Carrying Fox Soccer Plus in HD, Rugby is getting ready to start back up.

#15 OFFLINE   durian

durian

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

with this being a world cup year, interest in football will be on a high and hopefully that works to our advantage.

i hope that directv takes notice, and gives us FSC and FSP in HD by the time league play starts in august.

it would be a total dissapointment if directv fails footy fans in the usa!

i wish directv twitter would stop giving the generic responses and at least tell us that they are trying to get it for us. all they say is that any announcements on new channels will be posted.

#16 OFFLINE   karlhenri

karlhenri

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:53 AM

I already feel as though I pay $13 for FSC and don't feel like paying another $15 for FSC+, but would gladly give up the remainder of the sports pack for a soccer pack... Gol, FSC and FSC+ for $15.

+1

There should be a soccer pack.

I'd bundle FSC, FSC+, GolTV, FSE, ESPN Deportes and charge like $15-20

But that wouldn't perhaps be a good revenue model. Isn't packages all about the art of bundling channels you want within a larger bucket of channels you don't want?

Otherwise, you get a-la-carte programming.

BTW: It's amazing the way some Canadian providers allow you to slice and dice your way into the package you want. My brother used to work for one of those providers as a CSR and he told me he could spend hours on the phone enrolling a new user though.

https://secure.shawd...e/signup_pr.asp

#17 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

+1

There should be a soccer pack.

I'd bundle FSC, FSC+, GolTV, FSE, ESPN Deportes and charge like $15-20

But that wouldn't perhaps be a good revenue model. Isn't packages all about the art of bundling channels you want within a larger bucket of channels you don't want?

Otherwise, you get a-la-carte programming.

BTW: It's amazing the way some Canadian providers allow you to slice and dice your way into the package you want. My brother used to work for one of those providers as a CSR and he told me he could spend hours on the phone enrolling a new user though.

https://secure.shawd...e/signup_pr.asp

Canadian providers also let buy the box. So no rent fees and some even have no mirroring / outlet fee as well.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#18 OFFLINE   uncouth

uncouth

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

I was hoping that the World Cup would indeed help speed the progress of the "discussions" regarding bringing some much needed HD coverage to our sport of choice. Sadly, that seems not to be the case. Still, there's time before EPL starts up again for an agreement to take place.

I'd be all in for a soccer pack as well. I paid for Setanta, and I continue paying for FSC/+ - the extra few bucks wouldn't make a dent, but the extra content would be well worth it.

Here's hoping something happens soon...

#19 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

I was hoping that the World Cup would indeed help speed the progress of the "discussions" regarding bringing some much needed HD coverage to our sport of choice. Sadly, that seems not to be the case. Still, there's time before EPL starts up again for an agreement to take place.

I'd be all in for a soccer pack as well. I paid for Setanta, and I continue paying for FSC/+ - the extra few bucks wouldn't make a dent, but the extra content would be well worth it.

Here's hoping something happens soon...

I pay for Setanta/FSC+ a couple of months a year, and only for the Rugby content. I just can't justify paying for a Single channel in SD. Now HD, I would pay for FSC+ year round.

#20 OFFLINE   squeak49

squeak49

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

Time Warner here in KC already has FSC in HD, which is frustrating but only mildly annoying compared to the fact that they offer FSC+ in the Digital Sports tier (though not available in HD) for no additional charge. My real hope is that this is the delay in negotiations with the HD -- that someone is trying to make it a part of the Sports Pack and not an a la carte thing. I'd figure it'd be consistent across providers like HBO -- maybe not the price, but at least how it's treated.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...