Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help with MRV cabling requirements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tonypitt

tonypitt

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

I have a install for MRV set up for next Friday. I'm wondering how my cabling will be affected as my DVRs are in entertainment centers and such and not easily accessible. If I know what cable runs are changing, I can have this ready to go for the installer.

Currently I have 2 HR23s. Both have double strand coax coming out of the wall, connecting to 2 BBCs, and then going into the DVRs. (I do not currently have a SWM dish.)

How will this configuration change?

In one of the rooms my Internet router is sitting about 5 feet from a DVR, and about 8 feet or so from the coax wallplate.

Will the tech have to do any additional wall fishing, or can he use the existing coax runs?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,791 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

:confused:

Currently I have 2 HR23s. Both have double strand coax coming out of the wall, connecting to 2 BBCs, and then going into the DVRs

HR23s don't use BBCs.
:confused:
Moving to SWiM, means only one coax is needed for each receiver.
They could use one for the DECA to router bridge, or simply add a splitter off the other coax and feed both the receiver & DECA to router.
Doesn't sound like anymore wall fishing is needed.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   tonypitt

tonypitt

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

Up until just now I thought I had HR23s. I just figured out I actually have HR22-100s. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I'm assuming those won't need to be swapped out for MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,791 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

Up until just now I thought I had HR23s. I just figured out I actually have HR22-100s. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I'm assuming those won't need to be swapped out for MRV.

They'll add the DECA adapters to each and work fine.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

They will have to change the wiring behind them to disconnect the second coax feed and install the DECA adapters like VOS mentioned. You should move all of your equipment away from the walls, or do whatever else is necessary for them to be able to access the wiring easily.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...