Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv States "MRV Will Be DECA Only, No Networked MRV"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

Well what is the story on this? Im about livid right now and thats just the short end of it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

If a CSR gives you an answer you don't like (or know to be not true), call back and get another CSR.

What isn't clear is if Ethernet will be allowed for just anyone who waives support, or only grandfathered for Beta participants.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#3 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

That's what they told me too. They said $99 for the gear, $50 for install, and $50 because I haven't been with them a year AND my owned R15s get replaced with leased R16s. Total BS
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,642 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

Where did you hear this?

I'd give them time

Per the DirecTV support forums:

http://forums.direct...rtalPageId=1002
How to Sign up for MRV if you are on Ethernet (not DECA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, what I am about to say is not fully confirmed .. It's more from information I've pieced together from multiple sources than from one single message. It may not be 100% accurate, but should follow along similar lines:

How to Sign up for MRV if you are on Ethernet (not DECA)
•* On May 13th you might start receiving a message indicating that you need to call in to DIRECTV to activate MRV

•* If not, on or about May 20th, MRV will stop working and you will receive the message.

•* You will need to call DIRECTV using the phone number from the on screen message. It might be the main DIRECTV number, it might be a special number (I don't know).

•* Beginning on May 13th (not before), DIRECTV CSRs should have a screen on which to allow you to activate MRV .. They will have to read you some legalese that you must agree to before MRV will be activated using your home network.

•* Once activated, you will be charged $3/month for the use of MRV and DIRECTV will not provide you support for MRV beyond the question "Would you like to upgrade to DECA?"

Odds are there will be a few growing pains as this ramps up.

#5 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 494 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

From two csr's moments ago. Total BS and I am far from done with this.

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

This is day one, and obiviously there are things that have to get ironed out.

I have been told, from multiple sources that there will be a way for you use to use your ethernet.

As per the several other threads on the topic, the MAIN and PRIMARY way that MRV is being added, is via the full installation package with DECA.

To use ethernet, it is going to have to be added in a different way and that way will be available.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

I am communicating and working with several individuals to find out, the EXACT steps that you need to do, in order to have MRV activate via ethernet.

Ethernet setup is the exception, not the rule.
The CSRs were trained for the VAST population of users, that need a hardware level upgrade, service call, and the VAST majority of setup protocols.

If the information I have is correct, your MRV will still work till the 20th, so there is time to have this straightened out with minimal frustration to you.

Sorry that it didn't go smooth as silk for you.
Once the information is available, it will be posted.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Let's keep this contained to the main thread right now .. You will be able to do this .. People TODAY have been able to get MRV added. It's way too early to get angry about this as the process is just getting started.

I've stated multiple times that there will be growing pains .. Patience, Persistence and Politeness are the words of the day .. It will take you far.

Please continue here:
http://www.dbstalk.c...601#post2453601
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.

spam firewall