Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Enable MRV using your home networking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
439 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

im on the phone...how long does it take for Beta to be removed from my screen?

I see: "DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Charge" on my online account under recent activity. Does this mean I'm good to go or do I need to see BETA removed from the Multi-Room Menu screen on the HR23 and HR20?

Edited by Vinny, 16 May 2010 - 08:56 AM.

HR34-700(0x00985)|Networked: Yes via Deca hardwired to Actiontec MI424WR (FiOS)| OTA: No | DOD Enabled: Yes |Mediashare: TVersity |
HDTV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85U connected via Monster HDMI| Home Theater: Onkyo TX-LR552 connected via coax cable. Whole Home: Yes

HR20-700 (0x07EB)
|Networked: Yes via Deca| OTA: No | HDTV: Hitachi Plasma P42H401 connected via HDMI. Whole Home: Yes

AU9 Slimline | SWM|

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Ric

Ric

Godfather

• Gold Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

Sigh. for any CSR's (or customers looking to get this done..)... its in DORIS. keyword mrv service > Adding Whole Home DVR Service.
click on:
3: If customers insist on adding Whole-Home DVR Service without the upgrade:
and follow the instructions completely.

according to the CSR - this worked! Started with Doug's process but he couldnt figure it out. Then gave him this and he wasnt aware of the process but found the training once I gave him above and then said it is all set up. online account not showing yet but will wait for the feeds to make sure it updates this afternoon.

#103 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:12 AM

Ok i'm on hold with the advanced department at directv and those instructions u said to give the CSR she said she didnt have access to those menu options. These people are clueless ugh. This is the 3rd CSR now i've spoken with the first 2 had no clue what i was talking about. She spoke with a supervisor and they say i need DECA. UGHHHH!!!

The CSR says she doesnt have an "account attributes" screen to go into. What should I tell her to do??

I am having just the opposite problem. I called to get MRV activated today and that went fine. I asked about getting DECA and was told I could not get it. I was cut off twice after 3 different CSR's tried but there system would not let them add the Deca install. Is this happening to anyone else. I would like to just get their DECA and stop using my Home Network. I have been with them since 1996 no late bills, 4 HR DVR's and one H21. I can't see why there is a problem.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

#104 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

I see: "DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Charge" on my online account under recent activity. Does this mean I'm good to go or do I need to see BETA removed from the Multi-Room Menu screen on the HR23 and HR20?

A reboot cleared my Beta message.

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

#105 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

If it's on your account now, just refresh your services with this link:
http://www.directv.c...thorization.jsp

I think it will send the auth down automatically at some point as well so all will be fine.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#106 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

according to the CSR - this worked! Started with Doug's process but he couldnt figure it out. Then gave him this and he wasnt aware of the process but found the training once I gave him above and then said it is all set up. online account not showing yet but will wait for the feeds to make sure it updates this afternoon.

It should definitely show up on your account right away .. You might have to log off/log back in to see (I usually do when changes are being made real time) .. but if it's no on there now, it won't magically appear later.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#107 OFFLINE   drWaLLs

drWaLLs

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Took 5 phone calls and some CSRs yelling at me "DECA only!!" but I got it setup..

Last call - Lady knew exactly what I was talking about but said she was having some issues with it yesterday - I mentioned that I was on the Choice Xtra + HDDVR and changed it so it could work - She did not know this is why she was having issues yesterday and said she wished I would of called yesterday :)

Edited by drWaLLs, 16 May 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#108 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

I am having just the opposite problem. I called to get MRV activated today and that went fine. I asked about getting DECA and was told I could not get it. I was cut off twice after 3 different CSR's tried but there system would not let them add the Deca install. Is this happening to anyone else. I would like to just get their DECA and stop using my Home Network. I have been with them since 1996 no late bills, 4 HR DVR's and one H21. I can't see why there is a problem.

That's weird .. Do you say "Whole home DVR" at the initial voice prompt?

#109 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

That's weird .. Do you say "Whole home DVR" at the initial voice prompt?

Yes, they got it activated with no problems, it is the deca install I am having trouble with. I am back on with them now, maybe third time will be a charm.

#110 OFFLINE   daveriv

daveriv

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

One call...the 1st CSR said she couldn't find what I was telling her in her screens or in DORIS. She transferred me to technical support and they had it added within 5 minutes. As we all know, it pays to be patient, nice and understanding.

Thanks Doug for the instructions - they really helped!
AT-9, WB6x8 multiswitch

(1) HR20-700, HDMI, Native on, Samsung HL-S6187W, Networked (wired), OTA via Stealthtenna
(1) R22-100, HDMI, Networked (wired), Native on, Samsung 32" LCD
(1) H21, HDMI, Networked (wired), LG 42" LCD
(1) R15-300
(1) Harmony 880 Remote
(1) PS3

#111 OFFLINE   daveriv

daveriv

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

One call...the 1st CSR said she couldn't find what I was telling her in her screens or in DORIS. She transferred me to technical support and they had it added within 5 minutes. As we all know, it pays to be patient, nice and understanding.

Thanks Doug for the instructions - they really helped!

Forgot to mention that I have Total Choice + and was never asked to change packages.
AT-9, WB6x8 multiswitch

(1) HR20-700, HDMI, Native on, Samsung HL-S6187W, Networked (wired), OTA via Stealthtenna
(1) R22-100, HDMI, Networked (wired), Native on, Samsung 32" LCD
(1) H21, HDMI, Networked (wired), LG 42" LCD
(1) R15-300
(1) Harmony 880 Remote
(1) PS3

#112 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Yes, they got it activated with no problems, it is the deca install I am having trouble with. I am back on with them now, maybe third time will be a charm.

Ok got it set up. They had to de-activate MRV first then add the install and then re-activate it. It is set to be installed Tomorrow. That is fast.

#113 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Ok got it set up. They had to de-activate MRV first then add the install and then re-activate it. It is set to be installed Tomorrow. That is fast.

That's good to know .. So folks, if you have enabled the MRV-Compatibility flag for home networking and later want to do the DECA upgrade, you may need to do this as well.

#114 OFFLINE   wesv

wesv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Call and only took 5 min. The CSR knew what I was talking about. He just stated that without the new equiptment that he could't be sure it would work properly. But all is working well so far.

#115 OFFLINE   Derwood

Derwood

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

CSR got mine done before I could read the second step. After hanging up I noticed that it wouldn't enable on the site because I had Xtra +HD DVR. I went ahead and changed to Ultimate and just clicked to enable "Whole Home."
Derwood

LG 55LW5700
LG 32LK50
DirecTV since 5/2001

#116 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Icon

• Registered
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

No luck for me. I have the weird package, so it is getting escalated by the supervisor.

#117 OFFLINE   Everyperson

Everyperson

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

After three "tries" WHDS is now set up. Since I was a beta tester I used Doug's instructions and my last CSR, Inga, was able to follow my instructions(via Doug) perfectly. I tested each DVR and the "Beta", under Multiroom setup is now gone and each DVR is operating perfectly with DVR from room to room, without any additional setups.

I was told that they have just gotten the *D instructions for the "unsupported" mode and are rolling this out to all of the CSRs via their supervisors.

Key wording for the first question when you get the CSR on the phone: Are you familiar with the new process of WHDS in the "unsupported" mode? If they are not, ask to speak with their supervisor who is on duty at that moment.

Inga even thanked me for leading her through this for the first time. Once again, Thanks Doug!!

BTW-I have the Premier package and only one of my five boxes do not have an internet connection. That one is an H20-100 which is working fine. How would I upgrade that one without incurring an additional charge/extension of the contract?

#118 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Five calls so far with no luck. On my sixth right now.

Should we be calling this WHS instead of MRV?
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#119 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

6th phone call worked. I am going to have them come out and DECA everything instead of this hodge-podge setup I have put in. Nice thing about it is it will free up some much needed ethernet ports.
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#120 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,981 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

6th phone call worked. I am going to have them come out and DECA everything instead of this hodge-podge setup I have put in. Nice thing about it is it will free up some much needed ethernet ports.

I foresee one new & one slightly used SWM8 showing up on fleabay real soon. :lol:
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...