Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Total Choice Plus vs Choice Locals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   clay_w

clay_w

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

Is there a place that shows or can someone tell me what additional channels the old Total Choice Plan has that the Choice Locals plan does not?

I have the old plan and their site shows that it has 35 more channels but it is hard to find out which 35 channels...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

Regardless of what either D* or some people claim, TC+ is EXACTLY the same as Choice Xtra. So, just go on D*'s site & compare Choice vs Choice Xtra & you'll have your answer.
BTW, you ARE aware that while Choice is only about $5 less than TC+, if you ever decide to switch back, you will NOT be able to get TC+ back; you'll have to get Choice Xtra, which would then be about $8 MORE (because TC+ is about $2.50 less than Choice Xtra for the VERY same thing) - so think VERY carefully before you dump it.

#3 OFFLINE   Prince Oz

Prince Oz

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

Regardless of what either D* or some people claim, TC+ is EXACTLY the same as Choice Xtra. So, just go on D*'s site & compare Choice vs Choice Xtra & you'll have your answer.
BTW, you ARE aware that while Choice is only about $5 less than TC+, if you ever decide to switch back, you will NOT be able to get TC+ back; you'll have to get Choice Xtra, which would then be about $8 MORE (because TC+ is about $2.50 less than Choice Xtra for the VERY same thing) - so think VERY carefully before you dump it.

That is why I still have not changed to Choice Xtra. I have the TC + HD DVR service and switching would cost me $6 more a month and the only difference right now would be that I would get the Encore & TMC. Though I do like Encores Western and Action channels, I don't like them enough to pay $6 more. Until channels start to disappear to get me to change packages, I will probably stay with TC.
Prince Oz
Living = HR23-700, Sammy LN52A550, BD350, Yamaha 735
Game Room = Dell XPS 630, 360 Elite, Vizio VS32, HR20
Roll Tide Roll

#4 OFFLINE   netconcepts

netconcepts

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

I have TC+ and now notice that there are several HD nationals not included. But they are no great loss. But if I want to add HBO, will I have to also change my package to Choice Xtra as well?

#5 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

I think you are mistaken. I have TC+ and am not missing any HD nationals. You don't have to change your package to add HBO either. You can't add it online, but you can call and add it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...