Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgrade to MRV/DECA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

Just got off the phone, I have 2 HR20's already. They wanted 149 for another HDDVR, 49 for another HD receiver, 99 fee, plus another 49 for the installation. I politely declined. I guess I misunderstood a lot of stuff.
I never thought it would be that much!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

Just got off the phone, I have 2 HR20's already. They wanted 149 for another HDDVR, 49 for another HD receiver, 99 fee, plus another 49 for the installation. I politely declined. I guess I misunderstood a lot of stuff.
I never thought it would be that much!

$99 & $49 are for the DECA/MRV networking upgrade.
Adding receivers would be in addition, but swapping out like for like receivers to work with SWiM, is part of the upgrade package price.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

$99 & $49 are for the DECA/MRV networking upgrade.
Adding receivers would be in addition, but swapping out like for like receivers to work with SWiM, is part of the upgrade package price.

From what I've read, it seems since I already have the HR20's, I am not really eligible for the receiver swap. Am I correct in that? And since I already have the 2 HR20's, I could get by with just 2 more Hxx HD receivers and forget adding another HDDVR to get coverage in all 4 rooms?.

Thanks for the help

#24 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

From what I've read, it seems since I already have the HR20's, I am not really eligible for the receiver swap. Am I correct in that? And since I already have the 2 HR20's, I could get by with just 2 more Hxx HD receivers and forget adding another HDDVR to get coverage in all 4 rooms?.

Thanks for the help

The HR20s don't need swapping.
If you want to add two more locations to view MRV, then you need to add two clients [H21/23/24]. there would come with the 2-year commitment, but since they aren't DVRs, you can get some good/cheap deals for them
All other receiver would be changed to work with SWiM.
A.K.A VOS

#25 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

No deals for me to add 2 Hxx receivers and use my current 2 HR20's.
99 + 49 + 49(Hxx) + 99(Hxx) = about 300 bucks up front. Not worth it for me at this point.

#26 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

No deals for me to add 2 Hxx receivers and use my current 2 HR20's.
99 + 49 + 49(Hxx) + 99(Hxx) = about 300 bucks up front. Not worth it for me at this point.

At least you know what it would cost now for MRV at four locations.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall