Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spent an Hour on Phone Trying to Get MRV on My Account

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ozonedan

ozonedan

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

Followed Doug's advice and spent an hour on the phone with a CSR, a Tech Support person and then got disconnected when the Tech person went to transfer me to someone else.

Everyone was trying to help. Apparently they are having system problems adding this service. It doesn't seem like one should have to jump through all these hoops to add this. Adding this service with ethernet doesn't seem to have been well thought out by DirecTV. I'll just try back another day.
If it won't fit force it.
If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

You are not alone...already being discussed here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=176749
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   marvod

marvod

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

Followed Doug's advice and spent an hour on the phone with a CSR, a Tech Support person and then got disconnected when the Tech person went to transfer me to someone else.

Everyone was trying to help. Apparently they are having system problems adding this service. It doesn't seem like one should have to jump through all these hoops to add this. Adding this service with ethernet doesn't seem to have been well thought out by DirecTV. I'll just try back another day.

I had the same issue. 3 weeks they tried to add it to my account. Finally they figured it out. I was on a grandfathered plan. They moved me to a current plan added MRV and moved me back.
2 X HR24-500
1 X HR20-700
1 X HR34-700
1 X H24-700
AT-9 Dish
SWM-16

#4 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

I am on for 30 minutes now I think the grangfathered plans is what is messing up the CSR, when she comes back from on hold will maybe mention that. Cant wait to see how weird the bill looks after all of this.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

From another place:

I don't know who else this applies to, the Choice+/HD/DVR did need to be changed. We tried all kinds of things, as we've done the other three times I talked to D*, and as a final resort, I suggested splitting them off to the current package - Choice +, HD and DVR. As soon as we did that, MRV/WHDVR activated IMMEDIATELY. All this happened in the span of less than 10 minutes.

A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

From another place:

I got transferred to tech and than back to DVR Home folks and within minutes we were done. Seems like the first time I might not have ended up with the right team or the second agent had done this before and knew exactly what to do.

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

From another place:

That was me, but I think that we need to close this thread and shift everyone to the other one...
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#8 OFFLINE   gary900

gary900

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Got cut off the first time after 1/2 hour. Second time I was told "we know what to do but we are having systems problems. You should be OK in 72 hours". Yeah right, I am not going to hold my breath. Finally just sent an email to customer service. They sure have not thought this one out very well, I am not real happy with them right now.
HR22-100 (2)
Hardwire Cat5e Network
D-Link DGL-4100 Gigabit Gaming Router

#9 OFFLINE   ozonedan

ozonedan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Today I spoke with one CSR who was insisting I needed DECA. I finally got him to transfer me to someone who knew what to do. And all is well:D
If it won't fit force it.
If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...