Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

? RE: MRV install today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CPO1

CPO1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Having MRV installed today. Also having the Series 2 DVR 80 upgraded to HD DVR. I have a 5 LNB dish, and a Multi switch 16 in the basement. I have been using the Beta MRV with no issues
My question is: What should I expect the install to look like?
I asked the CSR to request a SWM 16. I want to have dual tuners on all the receivers. the two receivers that are located in the upstairs bedrooms only have 1 cable running to each of them, with no way to get another cable to either receiver. The 2 receivers upstairs are the HR22 and the DVR 80(which is being upgraded)
Is there a best scenario for my install? Just in case the tech is not up to speed yet with MRV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Having MRV installed today. Also having the Series 2 DVR 80 upgraded to HD DVR. I have a 5 LNB dish, and a Multi switch 16 in the basement. I have been using the Beta MRV with no issues
My question is: What should I expect the install to look like?
I asked the CSR to request a SWM 16. I want to have dual tuners on all the receivers. the two receivers that are located in the upstairs bedrooms only have 1 cable running to each of them, with no way to get another cable to either receiver. The 2 receivers upstairs are the HR22 and the DVR 80(which is being upgraded)
Is there a best scenario for my install? Just in case the tech is not up to speed yet with MRV.

Which SWiM that gets installed will all depend on total number of active tuners you will have.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'm moving this to the Connected Home forum.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   CPO1

CPO1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

I have 5 DVR's with 2 tuners each, so I guess I am looking to have 10 tuners active.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,403 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

SWiM-16 is a must.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall