Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

multi room/remote scheduling

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   quadbill

quadbill

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

on tues i am getting upgraded to swm/deca. i have 2 hr20-700's, 1 hr21-700, 1 hr22-100. none of the receivers are being changed. will i be able to Schedule and delete recordings from any room.
2 DIRECTV HR20-700 DVR, 1 HR21-700, 1 HR22-100
EYECONNECT 1.6.6
HOOKUPS ALL HDMII
PPC MAC G5 DUAL 2.0 GHZ OS 10.5.7
TOSHIBA 62HMX84 DLP TV
LG 32" LCD TV
DENON AVR-2807 AV RECEIVER
OPPODIGITAL DV-970HD DVD

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

on tues i am getting upgraded to swm/deca. i have 2 hr20-700's, 1 hr21-700, 1 hr22-100. none of the receivers are being changed. will i be able to Schedule and delete recordings from any room.

You will be able to schedule remotely only if you have an HD Receiver [H21/H22/H23/H24]. You can delete from either an H2X unit or HR2X unit, but you cannot schedule recordings from an HR2X.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   quadbill

quadbill

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

thanks
2 DIRECTV HR20-700 DVR, 1 HR21-700, 1 HR22-100
EYECONNECT 1.6.6
HOOKUPS ALL HDMII
PPC MAC G5 DUAL 2.0 GHZ OS 10.5.7
TOSHIBA 62HMX84 DLP TV
LG 32" LCD TV
DENON AVR-2807 AV RECEIVER
OPPODIGITAL DV-970HD DVD

#4 OFFLINE   Hdhead

Hdhead

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

The ability to schedule from one DVR to another DVR should be a feature. Is there any reason why they haven't or won't add this ability?

#5 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,163 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

The ability to schedule from one DVR to another DVR should be a feature. Is there any reason why they haven't or won't add this ability?

No one here knows. Since the H2x boxes can do it, there's no reason why the HR2x's cannot. Some of us suspect that there is an MRV interface "overhaul" in the works for the intermediate future that might bring this feature.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#6 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,109 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

They haven't yet, but I have not seen any indication whether or not that feature is coming up. Check the CE notes to get a peek at any upcoming features.

#7 OFFLINE   boxster99t

boxster99t

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

If you have an iPhone, do what I do--I do my remote scheduling through the Directv iPhone App, but it would be nice to have the functionality to schedule a recording remotely on any networked HR2X.

#8 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:03 AM

Yes that would be a great feature to add! I get sick of going into the bedroom to add recordings when I cant record things in the living room b/c 2 tuners are being used. It's also a pain logging into dtv and scheduling recordings that way. Being able to schedule recordings to each dvr would be GREAT from the dvr u are watching would be GREAT!

#9 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

Yes that would be a great feature to add! I get sick of going into the bedroom to add recordings when I cant record things in the living room b/c 2 tuners are being used. It's also a pain logging into dtv and scheduling recordings that way. Being able to schedule recordings to each dvr would be GREAT from the dvr u are watching would be GREAT!

Online is a great way to do this for now. In fact once I get my MRV done I'll be redoing my list of recordings and assigning them appropriately to each receiver. I'll blast out the season passes on every receiver and then setup each one again online. My goal is to never have 1 DVR recording 2 things at the same time if possible so that way I have a spare tuner in case I have an impulse record.

#10 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

I just scheduled the same recording on 2 dvrs using remote scheduling. Can someone tell me how to delete one using remote scheduling?

#11 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

I just scheduled the same recording on 2 dvrs using remote scheduling. Can someone tell me how to delete one using remote scheduling?

As of now, you can't. You will have to wait until the program starts recording. At that time, you can stop and delete it from any networked receiver/dvr.
Hopefully there will come a day when you will be able to watch, schedule, delete or monitor to-do lists from any of your networked boxes.
Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

#12 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

As of now, you can't. You will have to wait until the program starts recording. At that time, you can stop and delete it from any networked receiver/dvr.
Hopefully there will come a day when you will be able to watch, schedule, delete or monitor to-do lists from any of your networked boxes.

That may be a bit difficult 1200 miles away.:)

#13 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,218 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

I'm pretty sure the current DECA cloud is limited to what it can do. Feature like you want will probably be available with RVU.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#14 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,082 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

I'm pretty sure the current DECA cloud is limited to what it can do. Feature like you want will probably be available with RVU.

You mean the same DECA cloud that allows it from H to HR?:confused:

#15 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 960 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

They will add it as another feature and charge another $3 dollars per month for Multi Receiver Scheduling.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...