Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Every flyers game on versus or nbc rest of playoffs

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

I didn't, but it's common practice around here to not have such obvious spoilers. I guess you don't understand common courtesy on the net/forums.

No, I do but when it comes to live events all bets are off when you visit the Internet after the event has happened.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

No, I do but when it comes to live events all bets are off when you visit the Internet after the event has happened.

I follow a lot of different sporting events, and as well I do have a life outside of the couch in front of my TV, so I often have to DVR something or other in order to watch everything I want to watch. For example, on the night in question the GF demanded we go out to dinner. At the same time my Twins were playing game one of their weekend series with the Yankees, a series I had been looking forward to since the season started with the Twins on a pretty good roll. At the same time is game seven of the Flyers and Bruins. So I have to ignore, until I've watched both of those games, any sites that would have spoilers. That means no ESPN, no local news sites, and no "zomg hockey result" sites. This page has generally been okay for me to browse as long as I stay out of the NHL threads so I can usually look at stuff during my self imposed media blackout, but had I looked at this site before watching the DVR'd flyers/bruins game I would have been torqued because someone used what I believe to be bad judgment when he created a thread with a blatant spoiler in the title.

It really should be common courtesey. Like I said before, there were other threads that could have been posted to, as well as spoiler tags.

Hell, an old friend of mine lives in philly and was drunk as hell when he messaged me after the game, I told him I DVR'd it and he managed to not spoil it as he slurred and and rambled. Whats this guys excuse while he was (I have to assume) sober?

#23 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

I DVR games as well since I hate commercials, guess I'm not a real fan. I am glad there are judges to say who is and isn't a real fan because I wasn't sure :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...