Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Will this work? DECA related

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

Not quite true.
ANY receiver without a DECA and on the same SWiM [think SD] needs to have the filter.

Yup, the HR20-100 needs a BSF with a DECA, all other non-24 receivers need a DECA or BSF on a SWM with DECA anywhere. Once you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

p.s. This includes a SWM with an Hx24 attached that doesn't have an Ethernet attached... its onboard DECA is perfectly capable of disrupting another receiver on the SWM, even if it's just 'polling' for another DECA. Perhaps a reason D* only wants to give 24's to DECA customers. :)

Edited by dwcolvin, 15 May 2010 - 12:29 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

non-24 receivers on the SWM need either a DECA attached or a Band Stop Filter

That's not how you stated it previously... You said "Non-24 receivers (SD and HD) must have a Band Stop filter to remove the high level 500-600 MHz DECA signals". You made no mention of "either a DECA or...".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#23 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

That's not how you stated it previously... You said "Non-24 receivers (SD and HD) must have a Band Stop filter to remove the high level 500-600 MHz DECA signals". You made no mention of "either a DECA or...".

You might want to read the whole sentence:
"Non-24 receivers (SD and HD) must have a Band Stop filter to remove the high level 500-600 MHz DECA signals (the DECA itself provides this function when connected to a receiver). " :rolleyes:

#24 OFFLINE   UPEngineer

UPEngineer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

I've got an extra band stop filter if you want and I'll be in Chickasha tomorrow.

Man that would be great! I will PM you my information...

Thanks,

Scott

#25 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

When configured for SWM, all non-24 receivers must have their satellite input protected from the 500-600 MHz DECA signal. This protection can either be the DirecTV-approved DECA, for HD receivers, or the Band Stop Filter for SD receivers and (unsupported) HD receivers that do not have DECAs.

Both the DECA and the Band Stop Filter limit the 500-600 MHz signal reaching the receiver satellite input.

Probably why D* won't install a hybrid network, including not allowing an H20 with BSF.

#26 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

"Non-24 receivers (SD and HD) must have a Band Stop filter to remove the high level 500-600 MHz DECA signals (the DECA itself provides this function when connected to a receiver). " :rolleyes:

Yeah... And it still doesn't say "BSF or DECA".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#27 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,108 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Before I added a DECA to my HR21, I didn't have a bandstop filter connected and there were no issues (my H24 and HR24 already used DECA to communicate). I don't have a filter on my SWM either (which allows the signal to bridge between the SWM1 and SWM2 outputs). Officially they are required, but everything may work without filters (YMMV).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...