Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
DECA with Mediashare?
Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:30 AM
I have now;
Standard HD dish (I DO NOT have SWM)
Two DVR (HR-23s) & two standard receivers that I don't need MRV for (one is older and am pretty sure is not SWM capable)
I have MRV (beta) & mediashare setup via Linksys powerline with the two DVRs, it all works ok.
1. If I call to switch to the DTV DECA system (I figure they would have to upgrade me to SWM) will the mediashare work with the DECA?
2. Would the DECA system completely get rid of the Linksys powerline setup I have now?
3. If it does work with MShare; My router location now is in a location without a coax output (but a line does run through it to one of the receivers) I assume a completely NEW line would have to be run to this location?
Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:43 AM
As long as the coax run in the room by the router is connected to the SWiM, a splitter can be used to bridge to the network.
Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:36 AM
I have a D12-700 that would be ok AFAIK for SWM and then a D10-300 that will need to be replaced to work with SWM?
The cable run for the router connection goes to the D10, so I would guess that they would upgrade that receiver and then split off that cable line with the DECA to my router?
So SWM tech is simply replacing the LNB & all receivers need to be capable, the actual cable run itself does not need to be upgraded?
Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:10 AM
Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:11 AM