Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cooking Channel

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   miller24

miller24

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

That's a holiday. But I wish D's customers all the best!

And I wish you E* customers all the >>>>>>>>>>best<<<<<<<<<<<

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Casey21

Casey21

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

And hopefully Cooking Channel remains that way - I long for the days of having a channel like what Food Network used to be in, say, the late 90's and it sounds like Cooking Channel will be it. Hopefully we get it in HD before long though. :P

So true! I miss the old shows from that time - David Rosengarten, Sarah Moulton, Door Knock Dinners, Essence of Emeril (before the live audience), Naked Chef, Two Fat Ladies, Too Hot Tamales, and the best ever Julie Child. There's more but I've already bored anyone that has read this much so far. They were truly instructional and informative shows. The station now is no longer a cooking show network - it's mostly turned into food personalities, reality shows, and contest shows. That's fine if that's what you're in to but I'm not. I want true cooking shows (PBS has some good ones - they're now what food network used to be). So, my hope is the cooking channel is similar to the old food network programming. I can hope, can't I? :)
Home Theater
HR24-200
65 in. Panasonic Plasma VT50
Yamaha RX-A810
Panasonic Blu-ray DMPBDT220

Great Room
HR23-700
46 in. Sharp Aquos LCD
Yamaha RXV-671
Roku-XD

Bedroom
HR20-700
36 in. Sharp Aquos LCD

#23 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

There are still plenty of how to shows on Food Network, you just need to watch during the day. The evening has gone all entertainment type shows.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#24 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Gosh, if they brought back reruns of the old Two Fat Ladies series I'd scream like a little schoolgirl. They made Paula Deen look like Richard Simmons. :D

#25 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,079 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

So true! I miss the old shows from that time - David Rosengarten, Sarah Moulton, Door Knock Dinners, Essence of Emeril (before the live audience), Naked Chef, Two Fat Ladies, Too Hot Tamales, and the best ever Julie Child. There's more but I've already bored anyone that has read this much so far. They were truly instructional and informative shows. The station now is no longer a cooking show network - it's mostly turned into food personalities, reality shows, and contest shows. That's fine if that's what you're in to but I'm not. I want true cooking shows (PBS has some good ones - they're now what food network used to be). So, my hope is the cooking channel is similar to the old food network programming. I can hope, can't I? :)

I couldn't agree with you more Food Network is reality oriented. I read The Gallapiing Gourmet a 1960 show will be on Cooking net. Graham Kerr was very funny. Julia Childs will be on too. Hopefully it will be in HD soon.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#26 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Ain't Nothing on The Cooking Channel gonna compare with Giada de Laurentis!!!

She's Hot and She Can Cook and She Is So Cute And Sexy!!! :)
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#27 OFFLINE   QuickDrop

QuickDrop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television.

#28 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Massive head on a small body. Of course she's hot but looks like a lollipop.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#29 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Massive head on a small body. Of course she's hot but looks like a lollipop.

Posted Image
Posted Image
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#30 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Giada? don't make me puke.

Rachel Ray all the way. If this picture does nothing for you, then you must play for the other team.

Posted Image

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 23 May 2010 - 07:44 PM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#31 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Rachel's getting Fat and Cocky and not as Cute as she Once Was When She Started Out!!!

I'll take Giada All Day Long!!!

The Definition Of Cute, Sweet, Nice and Sexy All Rolled Up Into One Beautiful Lady!!!
Here's My Setup

#32 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Rachel's getting Fat

More cushion for the pushin' :lol:

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#33 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television.

Her Grandfather was A Movie Director and not a Billionaire and she has made it all on her own without any help from him and Yes She Is HOT!!!

Also, she is Sweet and Cute and Sexy and Every Man's Dream Woman!!!

And She Can Cook!!!
Here's My Setup

#34 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Her Grandfather was A Movie Director and not a Billionaire and she has made it all on her own without any help from him and Yes She Is HOT!!!

Yeah, he's "only" a multi-millionaire. :rolleyes:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#35 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, he's "only" a multi-millionaire. :rolleyes:

Well get your Facts Straight and He Had Zero to do with her getting on The Food Channel!!!
Here's My Setup

#36 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Well get your Facts Straight and He Had Zero to do with her getting on The Food Channel!!!

I think you're a little too obsessed with this woman.

#37 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

I think you're a little too obsessed with this woman.

So Does My Wife!!! :lol:

But I do have all of her Cooking Shows Recorded for Posterity!!! :)

And I just Love Italian Food!!! (I am also Obsessed with Exclamation Points)!!!

Also Obsessed with getting The Travel Channel In HD just as Hutchinghouse (I'm recording the heck out of it)!!!

Edited by Richierich, 24 May 2010 - 03:14 PM.

Here's My Setup

#38 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

First, I never said her father was a billionaire. My facts are straight!!! So, you can calm down!!!!

Second, maybe her Grandfather was influential in getting her on TV. You don't know, maybe the person who saw her food styling ability might have assumed her families history in showbiz would mean she'd do well on TV. I guess that because having connections in media never helps people get work. :rolleyes:

#39 OFFLINE   ChrisPC

ChrisPC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

FWIW, she did graduate from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.

#40 OFFLINE   QuickDrop

QuickDrop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Here is what you said:

"That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television."

So you were inferring that she was a granddaughter of a billionaire and I just wanted to correct your post as it was wrong.

:nono2: First off, don't blame Stigma1914 for something I said. Second, her grandfather is Dino De Laurentiis, who is a very famous/infamous film producer not a director. Third, my statement was obviously phrased as a joke.

spam firewall