Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cooking Channel

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Cooking channel is now live on 232, sadly, not in HD. Looking through the guide out through Wednesday, there's no sign of a change, however, The Galloping Gormet will be doing Eels on Toast on Wednesday at 2:30. Don't miss it!

You shouldn't be disappointed, the channel doesn't exist in HD yet anywhere, and nobody said it would be in HD at launch anyway.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Talk about hotties?!?!? Giada oh yeah, Rachel u know it, Ingrid Hoffman smoking, but anyone ever seen that 'tart' from over in the UK, her name is Nigella Lawson now there's a voluptuous gal!
Posted Image
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#53 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

You shouldn't be disappointed, the channel doesn't exist in HD yet anywhere, and nobody said it would be in HD at launch anyway.

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD. I did that with SD channels.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#54 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,282 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing cooking channel show some reruns of "Can't cook, Won't Cook" or at least some shows featuring Ainsley Harriott. Ainsley is a fantastic cook and after watching a couple shows this morning, He would definitely bring some life to the channel.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q2 2015 Set-Up

#55 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Talk about hotties?!?!? Giada oh yeah, Rachel u know it, Ingrid Hoffman smoking, but anyone ever seen that 'tart' from over in the UK, her name is Nigella Lawson now there's a voluptuous gal!
Posted Image

Yes, she was around on the Travel Channel I think several years ago around the time Emeril got started and was the Hottest Food Chick around at that time and then she disappeared from view.

She was around way before Rachel Ray or Giada but Giada is Hot, Sexy and Cute while still having a Great Sense of Humor!!!
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#56 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD. I did that with SD channels.

When they introduced color TV did you stop watching shows unless they immediately switched to color? Uh-huh... :D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#57 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD.

The promos on the Food Channel for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.
Greg

#58 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

The promos on the Food Network for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.

The press release from October said it will be in HD, never said when though.

Scripps Rebranding Fine Living Into Cooking Channel

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#59 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

I wonder if people will ever say that about 3DTV channels...

DIRECTV customer

#60 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

The promos on the Food Channel for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.

That's just a promo. Of course it's HD on FN and Travel Channel. Hopefully The Cooking Channel will be in HD soon for all.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#61 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

I wonder if people will ever say that about 3DTV channels...

Nope.

#62 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Wow. They have Emeril Live on there right now. i hoping they keep that one for a bit.

#63 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,622 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have no idea if this poster is for real, but on another forum, I found a thread that started to complain about DirecTV being lame in not showing it in HD, then someone claiming to be the GM of Cooking Channel saying it would launch in September, and that DirecTV would carry it at launch.

If this guy's for real, thats got to be the earliest I've seen anything about DirecTV carrying a channel.

http://www.highdeffo...annel-joke.html

#64 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I have no idea if this poster is for real, but on another forum, I found a thread that started to complain about DirecTV being lame in not showing it in HD, then someone claiming to be the GM of Cooking Channel saying it would launch in September, and that DirecTV would carry it at launch.

If this guy's for real, thats got to be the earliest I've seen anything about DirecTV carrying a channel.

Most likely a joke.

DIRECTV customer

#65 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

This should put the rest, if it real or not. It is real.
http://www.highdeffo...289-post19.html

here more info.
http://www.multichan...ing_Channel.php

#66 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

This should put the rest, if it real or not. It is real.
http://www.highdeffo...289-post19.html

here more info.
http://www.multichan...ing_Channel.php

He's obviously an impostor. Real GM's don't announce future plans on forums, they put out press releases.

DIRECTV customer

#67 OFFLINE   geaux tigers

geaux tigers

Icon

• Registered
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

He's obviously an impostor. Real GM's don't announce future plans on forums, they put out press releases.

There's always a first time for everything.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...