Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cooking Channel

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,087 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

Here is what you said:

"That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television."

So you were inferring that she was a granddaughter of a billionaire and I just wanted to correct your post as it was wrong.

I did not say that...pay attention to who you quote! :rolleyes: Here is who said it.

That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television.

Rich...Notice the name, above? It is not me.

No big deal but just state that facts and not something you heard from someone who heard it from someone else or whatever. That is how Bad Information and Rumors happen that are not born out of Fact!!! :)

Kinda like misrepresenting who said what?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

That really depends on whether there are any other granddaughters of billionaires out there who are willing to wear a push-up bra and moan anytime they put a fork in their mouth just so they can be put on television.

Check out this video and tell me if a push up is really needed.

As for Her, I am all for shows with her. She is a great cook. I have all her cook books courtesy of my wife.

#43 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

Anyway I think she is Hot and Sexy and a Great Italian Cook who is fun to watch on TV as she whips up something Italian.

As you get older you have more and more Brain Farts!!! :lol:

Edited by Richierich, 25 May 2010 - 11:24 AM.

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#44 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,038 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

Anyway I think she is Hot and Sexy and a Great Italian Cook who is fun to watch on TV as she whips up something Italian.

Obsession is a dangerous things sometimes.... ;)

Talking about cooking ya know. :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#45 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Second, maybe her Grandfather was influential in getting her on TV. You don't know, maybe the person who saw her food styling ability might have assumed her families history in showbiz would mean she'd do well on TV. I guess that because having connections in media never helps people get work. :rolleyes:

I do recall a brief on-screen interview he gave her. At any rate, it seems clear she now has star-power of her own. If she wants to interview a restaurateur, it's hard to imagine anyone saying no.

Does anyone know what has happened to Mario Batali or Wolfgang Puck, who did my favorite TV chef shows?
Greg

#46 OFFLINE   QuickDrop

QuickDrop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know what has happened to Mario Batali or Wolfgang Puck, who did my favorite TV chef shows?

I believe Batali essentially quit The Food Network because they only wanted to use him as a personality/celebrity and no longer wanted him to actually instruct people how to cook. I think he and Anthony Bourdain toured around a bit basically bashing the network.

#47 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

They are both managing their Ultra Successful Restaurants. Alot of chefs do The Food Channel to gain public appeal so more people will come to their expensive restaurants such as Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse, Paula Dean, Wolfgang Puck and Mario Batali.
Here's My Setup

#48 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Looking at the show listings for Cooking Channel starting Monday, it looks like all the new shows are listed as [LB]. Guess they're meant to be seen in HD, even if we don't get the HD feed at launch.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#49 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

Cooking channel is now live on 232, sadly, not in HD. Looking through the guide out through Wednesday, there's no sign of a change, however, The Galloping Gormet will be doing Eels on Toast on Wednesday at 2:30. Don't miss it!
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#50 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

So true! I miss the old shows from that time - David Rosengarten, Sarah Moulton, Door Knock Dinners, Essence of Emeril (before the live audience), Naked Chef, Two Fat Ladies, Too Hot Tamales, and the best ever Julie Child. There's more but I've already bored anyone that has read this much so far. They were truly instructional and informative shows. The station now is no longer a cooking show network - it's mostly turned into food personalities, reality shows, and contest shows. That's fine if that's what you're in to but I'm not. I want true cooking shows (PBS has some good ones - they're now what food network used to be). So, my hope is the cooking channel is similar to the old food network programming. I can hope, can't I? :)

The channel's website says it'll have reruns of both.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#51 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Cooking channel is now live on 232, sadly, not in HD. Looking through the guide out through Wednesday, there's no sign of a change, however, The Galloping Gormet will be doing Eels on Toast on Wednesday at 2:30. Don't miss it!

You shouldn't be disappointed, the channel doesn't exist in HD yet anywhere, and nobody said it would be in HD at launch anyway.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#52 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Talk about hotties?!?!? Giada oh yeah, Rachel u know it, Ingrid Hoffman smoking, but anyone ever seen that 'tart' from over in the UK, her name is Nigella Lawson now there's a voluptuous gal!
Posted Image
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#53 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

You shouldn't be disappointed, the channel doesn't exist in HD yet anywhere, and nobody said it would be in HD at launch anyway.

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD. I did that with SD channels.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#54 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing cooking channel show some reruns of "Can't cook, Won't Cook" or at least some shows featuring Ainsley Harriott. Ainsley is a fantastic cook and after watching a couple shows this morning, He would definitely bring some life to the channel.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#55 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Talk about hotties?!?!? Giada oh yeah, Rachel u know it, Ingrid Hoffman smoking, but anyone ever seen that 'tart' from over in the UK, her name is Nigella Lawson now there's a voluptuous gal!
Posted Image

Yes, she was around on the Travel Channel I think several years ago around the time Emeril got started and was the Hottest Food Chick around at that time and then she disappeared from view.

She was around way before Rachel Ray or Giada but Giada is Hot, Sexy and Cute while still having a Great Sense of Humor!!!
Here's My Setup

#56 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD. I did that with SD channels.

When they introduced color TV did you stop watching shows unless they immediately switched to color? Uh-huh... :D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#57 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

I'm not watching The Cooking Channel until it goes HD.

The promos on the Food Channel for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.
Greg

#58 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

The promos on the Food Network for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.

The press release from October said it will be in HD, never said when though.

Scripps Rebranding Fine Living Into Cooking Channel

DIRECTV customer

#59 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

I wonder if people will ever say that about 3DTV channels...

DIRECTV customer

#60 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

The promos on the Food Channel for the Cooking Channel have been in HD. That's a hopeful sign.

That's just a promo. Of course it's HD on FN and Travel Channel. Hopefully The Cooking Channel will be in HD soon for all.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...