Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No Whole-Home DVR Service (MRV) for home networked receivers after beta.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   twowheelchopper

twowheelchopper

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

I have been using the beta MRV with my home networked D* receivers the past few months and everything has worked great. I called D* 5/13 when the Whole-Home DVR service went live to tell them I want to pay the $3/month service but I do not need any equipment. They put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back and said I am all set. The next day I noticed the Beta setting never left on my receivers and my online account posted this:

05/13/2010 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Disconnect Adj ($2.20)
05/13/2010 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Charge $2.20

I called a CSR up today and they said that I am not eligible to have WH-DVR service with out the SWiM and DECA equipment. I told them that it is working already and I don't need any equipment. The CSR put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back saying she researched this and if I buy the equipment, I can get the service. I told her it works great now in beta, she agreed since she is using it too. She said she is expecting it to stop working any day now when the beta is stopped.

Why can't DirecTV allow this? I don't like the $3/month charge but was willing to pay since it works for me. How about leaving it open for us who home networked our receivers? We don't need any support and I will not call them for it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,543 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177090
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   DMRI2006

DMRI2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

Just email them via the website. Write that you want the Whole Home DVR Service for your home network ($3 monthly) and do not want any other upgrades.

I had it turned on within 24 hours. Might be less painless than calling and getting a CSR that doesn't get it.

#4 OFFLINE   twowheelchopper

twowheelchopper

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

Thanks guys, it worked this time. What ended up working after I explained it a few times (http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177090), the CSR asked if I had my own equipment? I said yes and after a couple of minutes he came back and said I am activated now. My 3 receivers now have lost the beta setting and are working properly.

Thanks!

spam firewall