Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Returning customer, what equiptment will I get?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gottria

Gottria

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

So I left DTV 4-5 months ago and now looking at coming back. Having sent all my leased equipment back, what should I expect to get as a "new" install? Since I had Uverse installed all my TV locations in the house have a CAT 5 connection near them. I plan on leaving the Uverse for internet and phone. Hoping to get 2 HR24 and an H24 for the bedroom. I like 2 HDDVRs because I hate seeing all my kids recorded shows on my DVR.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,945 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

You may get lucky and receive an H24 and HR24s, but it might be helpful to mention that you need whole-home DVR service when you sign up. However, it really will be up to the luck of the draw. If the installer doesn't have the newer boxes, he will install DECA adapters. You will probably get a SL3S dish with built-in SWM. A DECA adapter should also be installed and connected to your CAT5 cabling to permit On Demand, Media Share and Directv2PC.

#3 OFFLINE   Gottria

Gottria

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

Well that is the whole point of coming back, MRV. The reason we left was to get MRV and now we have it we love it. I call latter tonight and see what they can do for me. I know you get what ever the installing company has and can't request units, anyone else in the SF Bay Area get any HR24 and H24s yet?

#4 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,639 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Well that is the whole point of coming back, MRV. The reason we left was to get MRV and now we have it we love it. I call latter tonight and see what they can do for me. I know you get what ever the installing company has and can't request units, anyone else in the SF Bay Area get any HR24 and H24s yet?

The Bay Area has the 24s and I've read posts where they passed out a few.
MRV & DECA can work with other receivers though, so going with the "connected home" [MRV] will get you MRV and "should" give you better odds of getting 24s.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   Gottria

Gottria

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Good to know, thanks guys. I assume performance with the 24s and a "connected home" is on par with DECA units and other HDDVRs.

#6 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

MRV does not mean H24/HR24s. MRV is available with all H2x/HR2x models except the H20 (which has no Ethernet port), and getting MRV/DECA has nothing to do with H24/HR24 availability.

Like any customer, you'll get the receivers that the installer has available on his truck. And those could be anything in the H2x/HR2x family.

#7 OFFLINE   Gottria

Gottria

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

So does anyone have the number of the company that does the installs in the east bay, Hayward Castro Valley area?

#8 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

So does anyone have the number of the company that does the installs in the east bay, Hayward Castro Valley area?

That is now a DirecTV owned-and-operated area, since they bought out Connect Television last year.

spam firewall