Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm not eligible for Whole-Home DVR Service?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

FWIW, I have 6 HD DVRs and no non-DVRS. Whole Home DVR service works fine.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dlvh

dlvh

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

[quote name='veryoldschool']Each DVR is a server to a client. All the recordings stay on the server, but can be viewed from the clients. One DVR can only feed one client at a time.
If you have 3 clients and one server, the server can be used to watch it's recording [locally] and one client can watch recordings remotely, but the other two clients are SOL until the first client is done.
Change this to all DVRs and each DVR can watch its recording locally and feed one DVR remotely.
"Now" these two can also be sending out one recording [each] and also be receiving a recording [each]. So if DVR 1 has what the user at DVR 2 want to watch, and the user at DVR1 want to watch what's on DVR 2, they both can at the same time.
Have I got you completely :confused: yet? :lol:

Ichiwawa!!! Now my head is indeed spinning :grin: Thanks for the clearification VOS! :lol:

When my 3rd DVR (Hopefully a HR24) gets here next week, I'll have to do some playin' around with it, and see how it relates to the other DVR's.

My MRV (Whole Home DVR) system here seems to be working fine...so far...albeit the HR21/23 are a bit slow, but not much slower than normal. I'm really looking forward to the HR24 and it's lightning quick speed, like I read others are attesting to on this forum.

Thanks again!
D* Subscriber since 2006
1 HR21-700
1 HR23-700
1 HR24-500
SlimLine 5-LNB Ka/Ku Dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...