Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DECA MRV vs PowerLine MRV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

I presently have an HR22 hooked up with a powerline downstairs and a H22 (HD enabled connected to my router upstairs). I am presently in the Beta MRV system. I want to go the DECA route but have a question. When I presently view a program recorded on the H22, on my HR22, there is a pause when I hit play and also a pause before/after I hit the FF button. It's an old house with older wiring, so suspect that has something to do with it.
If I go the DECA route, will something recorded on my H22 that I view on my HR22 react to FF, etc. the same as if I am viewing something on my HR22 that was recorded on my HR22?
Tks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,984 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

Starting the MRV seems to have a lag, but once the recording as started all trickplay functions seem as quick [here] as if I were watching the recording locally.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

DECA will work a lot better than powerline .. There still may be a short delay at the beginning of a remote show. However, the overall performance will be much better.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

Tks Doug and VOS. I'll make the switch after a week or 2 then.

#5 OFFLINE   p3pilot

p3pilot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

I was using a combination of hardwired and PowerLine and just got DECA installed yesterday. Even though PowerLine was working acceptably at least for me, I can see a big improvement with DECA. Definitely worth it.

#6 OFFLINE   bird dog

bird dog

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

yeah, when i think back on using powerline adapters, it feels SOOO old. HD was unwatchable. deca all the way.

#7 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

Tks Doug and VOS. I'll make the switch after a week or 2 then.

Note that the Beta is supposed to end 5/20, so you may lose MRV on Thursday. :(

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Personally I use powerline adapters and they're really not up to the task for HD.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...