Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

wheeling,wv locals

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   weirdude2304

weirdude2304

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Will directv offer wheeling,wv locals anytime soon? If not will the new legislation passed by congress allow directv to offer youngstown or pittsburgh locals since wheeling's aren't available yet?
thanks for the help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

I wish I knew but I have been watching this issue for a few years now (Shadyside) but don't think there is any answer yet. Lucky for me I was able to put up an antennae to get WTRF and WTOV. I have HD DNS ABC and FOX. I was also lucky enough to get ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX SD DNS East and West. I love having the west feeds for some things.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: budracin88

#3 OFFLINE   weirdude2304

weirdude2304

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

well wtrf shouldn't be a problem for anyone in weirton because no one that i know of can get wtrf for some reason here.

#4 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

Wheeling was announced today as a new market coming in 4Q!

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#5 OFFLINE   j2fast

j2fast

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Good catch, I almost can't believe it...

http://www.marketwat...nk=MW_news_stmp

#6 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...373#post2459373

#7 OFFLINE   rbrt67

rbrt67

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

I am a tech in the wheeling area. We are being told they will launch in November. We are planning on being extremely busy then, as I have had hundreds of cancellations for no other reason than locals. I have a feeling the local cable companies will lose quite a few customers. Hard wired cable television is almost becoming a dead technology.

#8 OFFLINE   Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

Yea I know I have tried to get friends to sign up for Directv bu the Locals thing has always been the sticking point. Maybe I can finally start getting referrals and start making the 100 incentive Directv offers.

#9 OFFLINE   mtn-eer

mtn-eer

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:35 AM

I am a tech in the wheeling area. We are being told they will launch in November. We are planning on being extremely busy then, as I have had hundreds of cancellations for no other reason than locals. I have a feeling the local cable companies will lose quite a few customers. Hard wired cable television is almost becoming a dead technology.

I am a former Direct TV tech ot of Pittsburgh I live in the Wheeling area and I am looking for work

#10 OFFLINE   Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

It is now October and according the Directv's website we should get our locals in November. Is there any information re: when in November this may occur?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...