Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ordering DVR After MRV Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

I was on the phone with D* today on another unrelated matter. When I got that resolved, she asked if I had any more questions.

I asked about ordering a DECA adapter separately. She told me I could! I asked her if she was able to order one for my R22 since that was the first thing that popped into my head, but it wouldn't let her since "the R22 isn't HD" :sure

I was going to try again with my HR20 but the system was running slow on her end and I didn't want to hog her time just for a price of a DECA adapter.

She told me if I added another receiver to my account I could get one though. :)
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

If you have the installation included (not a self-install), I think the chances are exremely high that the tech would have an HR24 on the truck and would have zero issues giving it to you.

#23 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

I just got the DVR that I ordered from D*. The box says it is an HR21-100-R. I'm not going to open the box to see if there is a DECA with it or I'd have to pay to send it back. I called D* to let them know I would be sending it back & I'm just going to spend the extra $100 & order one online.

#24 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

I just got the DVR that I ordered from D*. The box says it is an HR21-100-R. I'm not going to open the box to see if there is a DECA with it or I'd have to pay to send it back. I called D* to let them know I would be sending it back & I'm just going to spend the extra $100 & order one online.

A refurb non-24 is very likely when it is drop shipped from DIRECTV. If you have the installer bring it, the chances are high that you would get a 24 (as I did today). It seems that the installers mostly have only 24's now.

#25 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

A refurb non-24 is very likely when it is drop shipped from DIRECTV. If you have the installer bring it, the chances are high that you would get a 24 (as I did today). It seems that the installers mostly have only 24's now.

I didn't want to take that chance either. Plus, I'm not able to take off work right now to meet an installer. I just sucked it up & paid full price :-).

spam firewall